Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $122K – $154K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
The VP, Reward is accountable for developing and delivering our Global Reward strategy, across compensation, benefits and stock schemes. The role is also accountable for Payroll, managing the delivery of this in-house and through partners to deliver amazing service for our 1,800 employees, globally.
Our Reward approach is critical in ensuring we attract, retain, and engage the best talent for our business and subsequently meet our ambitious growth targets for 2024 and beyond.
Consequently, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Vice President of Reward to lead our global reward team to be based in either Cambridge, UK or Boston, US.
- Ownership of Reward & Payroll across all regions (EMEA, China, APAC & US)
- Lead, coach and develop the Global Reward and Payroll team
- Design and deliver a compelling reward value proposition for the entire organisation including pay, benefits and global mobility
- As a member of the Global HRLT own the design and implementation of strategy and plan, fully contributing across the agenda
- Lead the strategic design and implementation of reward policy including global compensation, share plans and benefits & sales incentive programmes
- Lead the delivery of Reward Operations, including leading a well-controlled and SOX compliant payroll function, global share plan administration and compensation schemes (annual bonus plans, benchmarking, pay reviews and commission plans)
- Manage the relationship with the Remuneration Advisors to ensure alignment across the management team and Board of Directors
- Proven experience as an outstanding and ambitious global reward leader with a reputation for creating innovative reward strategy, policies and practices that support the delivery of business strategy
- Be able to successfully partner at the highest level of the organisation and with key leaders
- Technically strong with a broad level of global reward expertise
- Be a strong influencer/communicator at all levels within the organization, with experience in executive level stakeholder and change management
- A highly capable leader with the ability to establish clear strategy build new capabilities in teams, and inspire others to deliver on time and within budget
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.