$21 – $23 an hour
Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
MA Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Ethos is a private, non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting independence, dignity and well-being among the elderly and disabled through quality, affordable and culturally-appropriate home and community-based care. As a state-authorized Aging Services Access Point (ASAP), Ethos coordinates all the non-institutional home and community-based services for elderly and disabled residents of the southwest Boston neighborhoods of West Roxbury, Hyde Park, Roslindale, Jamaica Plain, and Mattapan. The organization also provides nutrition services, Medicare Counseling (SHINE), Long-Term Care Ombudsman, Money Management and Healthy Aging programs for the entire city of Boston. For more information, visit www.ethocare.org.
A career that makes a difference and impacts the lives of others!
Up-to-date COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer —–Ethos Affirms and Supports Diversity
Please consider applying if you’re interested in working for a wide-ranged elder serving agency dedicated to serving older adults living in the community as independently as possible. Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online submission.
FT- hourly, 35 hours/week, During the Pandemic – Hybrid work is available (office and remote work from home) with a transition to full office hours.
Sign-on and retention bonus opportunities are available.
The Volunteer Services Program Coordinator is responsible for administering orientation and training for all new volunteers and for running the core Volunteer Services Programs: Friendly Visiting, Grocery Shopping Assistance, Telephone Reassurance, Medical Escorts, In-Home Computer Training, and Caregiver Support Programs (including LGBT and BIPOC specific groups)
1. Provide Agency Orientation to all new volunteers
2. Ensure that volunteer application and CORI are complete for all new volunteers
3. Train, supervise, and provide ongoing support to volunteers in 1:1 matches with seniors, including Friendly Visiting, Grocery Shopping Assistance, In-Home Computer Training, Caregiver Support Programs, and quarterly/annual events such as Thanksgiving meal delivery.
4. Support new volunteers who attend orientation and are interested in volunteering in other departments through the onboarding process (explaining process, connecting with program manager, completing CORI and application, be available for questions, etc.)
5. Collaborate with the Director of Counseling and Support Services to create and implement recruitment strategies to attract volunteers for all Volunteer Services Programs
6. Perform outreach to individuals, businesses and community groups in Boston to recruit volunteers for the Volunteer Services Programs. Utilize online recruitment sites, community partnerships, networking, advertising, public speaking, mailings, attending meetings, planning and attending focus and community events, and developing other special recruitment programs
7. Collaborate with the Director of Counseling and Support Services to manage and maintain a volunteer database
8. Work with the Director of Counseling and Support Services to plan and coordinate an annual volunteer recognition event and other volunteer-related activities and events as necessary
9. Produce monthly statistical and narrative reports. Produce others as needed for funding applications
10. Collaborate with Agency staff to monitor unmet client population needs and create new volunteer positions when possible.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Counseling and Support Services.
1. An understanding of and belief in our core mission: “To promote independence, dignity and well-being among the elderly and disabled through quality, affordable and culturally-appropriate home and community-based care.”
2. Experience in non-profit recruitment and outreach, including public speaking, and volunteer management
3. BA or equivalent experience working independently and with elders
4. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and comfort working with or learning databases. Salesforce knowledge preferred
5. Diligent and thorough follow-through
6. Experience and skill in prioritizing and managing multiple projects
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- vacation = 3 weeks to start
- sick time = 12 days
- personal time = 1 week
- 14 holidays off plus your birthday off!
- health & dental insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- LTC and voluntary insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- credit union
- pre-tax deductions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Human Services: 2 years (Preferred)
- community based: 2 years (Required)
- Aging Services/ working with elders: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- a foreign language (specify in cover letter) (Preferred)
- MA Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role