The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center (LGBT RC) is seeking a student who is highly motivated and enthusiastic about LGBTQIA+ issues on campus. As a work study position, this student staff will assist with office outreach efforts through the creation and management of our newsletter, developing engaging social media content, and representing our office at outreach events. In addition to these duties, student staff assist in daily office maintenance, lead in fostering a welcoming environment for students and visitors in the center, give support in planning and coordinating events and help connect students to resources and support.
- Assist with office communications about events, programs, education, and other outreach opportunities
- Assist full-time staff with the development of engaging and educational social media content
- Write and distribute office newsletter
- Assist with general office duties, such as answering phones, greeting guests, maintaining the library, space cleaning and upkeep, assisting students, etc.
- Represent the LGBT RC and the University of Utah at events, tabling functions, meetings, etc.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of community and cultural events throughout the year
- Assist full-time staff in the facilitation of educational workshops and presentations
- Maintain internal databases of people, photos, and offices/departments.
- Distribute brochures, flyers, posters and other advertising materials related to LGBT RC events, programs, and services
- Attend weekly staff meetings and one-one-one supervision meetings
- Design flyers and posters for events
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Must be a current, enrolled student at the University of Utah. Must be available to work 19 hours a week. This includes academic breaks (summer, fall, spring, etc.), as well as occasional evening and weekend work.Strong written and interpersonal communication skills are essential to this role. Proficiency and interest in creating original written and digital content preferred. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate comfort working with different social media platforms and have ideas for innovative methods for outreaching to students.The successful candidate will enjoy working with people and past experience doing community-building work with teams, groups, or organizations is highly desired. Candidates must demonstrate enthusiasm for learning about LGBTQIA+ identities and working with students of diverse backgrounds.Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Training for essential office programs and tools will be provided. Skills related website editing, video and audio editing, graphic design, and/or Abode Create Suite proficiency are a plus.
Preferences Special Instructions Summary
Please include 2-3 Graphic Design samples