United Airlines Inc
Full Job Description
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations includes the maintenance, and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Utility Specialist – Tool Room – Orlando Airport (MCO)
Starting Salary: $17.30 p/hr. (Base Pay)- plus $1 Line Pay
- Identify and check tools, test equipment and certain commodities in and out of the tool room and parts room.
- Service, cleaning, inventory, storage and accounting of tools, test equipment and certain commodities used in the daily operation of the tool room and parts room.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks of general nature, such as servicing and transporting equipment.
- High School diploma/GED/or education equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of tools associated with aircraft and/or automotive repair, ability to work with cleaning solutions and chemicals.
- Valid US driver’s license (revoked, suspended or expired are not considered valid).
- Must pass 10-year background check.
- Must be willing to take a pre-placement physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be flexible to work any shift in a 24/7 operation, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Candidate must be able to clear a fingerprint-based criminal history check in order to obtain and retain credentials necessary for the position. Position-specific clearances may include but are not limited to FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal service clearances.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications.
- Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT