Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Technical team Lead will oversee new development as well as management of existing software implementations and client deployments. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years software development with direct client involvement, extensive experience with the product development life-cycle for mature production software.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interface with Product team, from Requirements Document, and take on Full Ownership of Solution through QA, Launch, and releases
- Lead architectural & technical discussions, code reviews, and plans to improve our overall software quality
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
- Evangelize software development best practices and set a high bar for other engineers to meet
- Lead the tactical planning for each release cycle, including planning for configuration management time, branching schedule, documentation time.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, streamlining efficiency.
- Proven ability to write code that is efficient, standard, and well documented.
- Lead local, remote, and nearshore team members
- Establish a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10+ years software development with direct client involvement
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science or Electronics & Communication or related fields
- Good in fundamental computer science principles – Computer Algorithms, Architecture
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer Leader or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to develop software in C# , Angular JS and SQL
- Experience with two or more of: Azure, Docker, Jira, GIT, RabbitMQ, and databases
- Good to have Experienced in integrating with generic web services such as ESRI, ArcGIS, GoogleMaps, weather services, etc
- Experience collaborating on interface definitions with tools such as Swagger or OpenAPI
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies and able to work independently
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication skills, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
- Position will need to be base in the EST timezone
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.