$36,000 a year
Full Job Description
Client & Family-Centered Care Is At The Heart of Everything We Do At Lumacare! Lumacare believes Client and Family-Centered Care is based on a philosophy of care, treatment and support that empowers Clients to be active and knowledgeable partners in their health care. Whether you join Lumacare in a client facing role, in a leadership capacity, or in a support position, it is essential that every member of our team is passionate about promoting and protecting Client and Family-Centered Care.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Facilitate recreation, social and exercise programs and supports Program Staff, students and volunteers who assist with these programs. Works with other staff, students and volunteers and suggests duties and tasks on an activity-by-activity basis.
- Prepare the program equipment and supplies. Set up and clean-up of program equipment and supplies.
- Participate in program evaluation to determine the effectiveness of programs and to shape future activities and programming
- Research new and innovative program ideas
- Create individual care plans for clients
- Design programs for engagement and recreational and social activities
- Conduct leisure assessments upon intake and on an annual basis
- Motivate, stimulate and redirect clients using approaches appropriate to the individual needs of each client. Monitor client’s physical, mental and emotional well-being and progress.
- Respond, report and document Client Safety Events accordingly
- Conduct client tours
- Create monthly activity calendars for clients
- Update client progress and keep clients and caregivers up to date
- Maintain inventory and replace equipment and supplies as needed
- Document and inform Supervisor of any changes or incidents. Maintain accurate documentation and statistics relevant to activities program, as needed
- Participate in internal committees to advance agency initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed Diploma/Certificate in the following: Recreation Therapy or related background. Activationist background is considered an asset.
- 1 year of experience working in a community or health care setting, with frail older adults is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with older adults living with a diagnosis of mental health is required.
- Thorough understanding of program planning, implementation and evaluation in utilizing recreation and leisure as treatment modality
- Ability to function effectively as a resource and support for other team members
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer and documentation skills (Microsoft Office)
- Standard CPR and First Aid
- Immunizations for tuberculosis, varicella (chickenpox), mumps and hepatitis B
- A Current Vulnerable Sector Police check completed within last 12 months
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you must provide Lumacare with proof of vaccination prior to employment.
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBT. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a Diploma/Certificate in Recreation Therapy or related background?
- working with older adults with diagnosis of mental health: 1 year (preferred)
- CPR/First Aid Certificate? (preferred)
Hiring 1 candidate for this role