Full Job Description
***Additional locations may be considered if in the Effectv Footprint As Supervisor of Media Planning you will be responsible for leading your teams in the strategic development of plans and related media packages, working closely with both internal and external sales partners. You will oversee pre-sales responsibilities of your team, guiding them in understanding the Client objective and optimizing yield principles to deliver a strong solution, supporting both operational and revenue impacted business. You approach all challenges through a critical thinking, analytical lens and possess the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. You will be accountable for ensuring that budgets and work performance standards are consistently met, while keeping your team aligned with the organization’s overarching objectives.
- Manage Media Planners and Sr. Planners with their day-to-day responsibilities while also acting as a mentor/coach for career growth.
- Owns plan development for specific high-priority accounts and assists with overflow of large volume requests with the team as needed.
- Partner with other leads at all times to ensure all plans being handled efficiently, cohesively, and strategically.
- Works closely with Sr. Manager/Director and partnering Planning or Yield leads on higher-level projects such as new product rollouts, current system enhancements, complex pricing analysis, and strategic thought sessions.
- Active + eager participant in brainstorming sessions with partnering teams: sales, sales development, marketing, and other internal teams for RFPs.
- Lead point of escalation for team and facilitates conversations around sensitive client needs.
- Provides support and solutions in operational areas as needed.
- Supervises work performance and ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
- Drive results and growth.
- Communicates changes in inventory, products, schedules, and operational policies
- and procedures with staff; May assist in the coordination and assembly of sales materials.
- Sets and effectively communicates team goals and priorities.
- Develops, trains, and supervises staff; Coordinates the day to day activities of the team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred & Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Generally, requires 4-7 years related experience in media/planning buying industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive approach towards day to day tasks along with a creative approach to problem-solving
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.