Full Job Description
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world-come find yours.
Technical Operations includes the maintenance and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Job overview and responsibilities
Reports to SFOMG section manager, Responsible for the day to day oversight of a Component Maintenance product center, including budget, safety, training, production and regulatory standards. Lead and direct unionized work force to achieve section goals and safety objectives, ensuring these activities are performed in accordance with schedule requirements and in compliance with all established Company, regulatory and manufacturers’ procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Provide technical guidance and interpretation of company policies/procedures to assist employees in performing functional tasks. Assigns technician and related personnel in accordance with requirements to achieve maximum productivity and cost control. Responsible for leading and directing Continuous Improvement projects and facilitating a team environment to accomplish corporate goals while meeting employee expectations/growth.
- Provide leadership and direction to labor workforce to maximize productivity and output in accordance with collective bargaining agreements while ensuring necessary resources are available. Build / reinforce a fair and respectful work environment through consistent application of CBA work rules and company policies
- Execute performance goals and objectives aligning with divisional and company goals. Maintain a high level of awareness of operational, financial, compliance, safety and human resource related performance objectives. Responsible for labor time keeping and cost control within product line. Responsible for tactical, strategic and budgetary activities
- Oversee safety and security of aircraft and operations to ensure regulatory compliance of technical operations activities. Interface with regulatory authorities. Ensure regulatory compliance of technical operations activities on local basis. Participate in the development and executing the tactical plans to implement strategy
- Maintain a high level of communication with employee groups within the station. Report status of operations, highlighting significant events to leadership whilst providing direction to assigned station personnel to ensure station and divisional objectives are achieved. Provide leadership and direction to on shift labor workforce to maximize productivity and output whilst ensuring necessary resources are available
- BA/BS Degree in Aeronautical, Electronic, mechanical or related field or applicable experience
- 5 years in the aircraft maintenance industry on large transport category aircraft with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role
- FAA A&P Certificate or applicable Repairman’s Certificate
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft maintenance operations or repair and applicable FAA regulations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- 4 year degree in Aeronautical, Electronic, mechanical or related field and experience in aviation maintenance
- 2 years in a leadership role within a large maintenance organization including a unionized labor workforce
- A proven successful track record
- Lean Six Sigma Certified Green Belt or Black Belt
- Strong background and technical knowledge of aircraft component level repair and overhaul
- FCC General Radio Telephone License
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Posted 1 day ago