From $13.20 an hour
Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
First Aid Certification (Preferred)
CPR Certification (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Summer Camp Counselor – (Education Apprentice)
Summer education apprentices receive hands-on educational and agricultural experience on our vibrant community farm. The farm has a tri-fold mission of providing fresh veggies to the community through a CSA, providing education for people of all ages, and food justice.
Apprentices work with children ages 5-12 at our farm-based summer camp, where they lead small groups in fun and creative activities developed to demonstrate and celebrate the cycles of nature that produce our food. Additional duties include maintaining education vegetable gardens, caring for the farm animals, curriculum planning and implementation, and one day of after-care each week.
Education program activities include but are not limited to: leading activities, planting, harvesting, cooking, composting, arts and crafts, science and mathematics, caring for the farm animals, nature trail hikes, cooperative games, music and storytelling.
Apprentices are also responsible for assisting with the set-up and clean-up of all programs.
Position Requirements: Summer education apprentices must be prepared to work long active days outdoors with children. The average schedule is 8:30 AM-3:30 PM Monday–Friday, with rotating after care responsibilities (1 day per week until 5:15 pm) although hours vary depending on the season. Apprentices are part of a rotating animal and plant caretaking schedule, which may occasionally require staying past 4:00 PM. The position dates run for 9 weeks in the summer from June 20th to August 26th.
- Creative, hard-working, responsible, self-motivated, and conscientious
- Passion for nature and sustainable agriculture
- Experience working with children
- Comfortable cooking and eating a wide range of farm fresh vegetables
- Musical and artistic skills a big plus
- Positive attitude and cooperative work ethics
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather (hot, cold, humid, rainy)
- Reliable transportation to the farm required
Compensation: Summer Education Apprentices receive $13.20/hour plus a vegetable share for every week worked, valued at approximately $275
- Three summer season education apprentices (June 20th through August 26th) – 1 position remaining for 2022
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2022
Phillies Bridge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and encourage BIPOC and LGBT+ individuals to apply. To apply, please send your resume, including three professional references and a cover letter to Jazmine Langlitz, Education Director. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $13.20 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Paltz, NY 12561: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 71%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago