The Product Quality and Reliability Team creates broad visibility for the Technology Product and eXperience (TPX) organization and leadership up to the President of TPX into the technical performance and quality of Xfinity products and infrastructure. The team works with end-to-end engineering and operations groups across TPX to drive continuous improvement in the reliability and customer experience of products, especially in areas requiring multi-faceted analysis, viewpoints, and programs. You will use broad program management, analysis, and communication skills as well as industry and technical knowledge to lead component(s) of a company-wide Connectivity Reliability program. You will be responsible for reviewing data, performing analyses, leading meetings, and preparing weekly presentation materials to inform and solicit feedback from leadership about the reliability of Xfinity’s Internet service, and critically, what Comcast is doing to make it better.
This role is ultimately responsible for:
- Understanding and evaluating customer-centric metrics based on machine data and/or derived from customer feedback in order to illustrate a customer’s experience with Xfinity’s Internet service
- Driving transformation and continuous improvement initiatives around process and technology, informed by reliability measures, to enhance quality of Xfinity’s Internet service delivered to customers
- Assisting with strategic planning, while building and maintaining organizational and technical knowledge as it relates to broadband, WiFi and Internet of Things (IoT) product platforms and service
This role requires:
- Advanced program management and stakeholder management skills to steer complex programs spanning multiple organizations
- Keen ability to analyze and interpret data to drive action into transformation program and continuous improvement efforts
- Strong communication skills to present to senior leadership team on regular basis
You will be successful in this role if you have competencies in the following areas:
- Interprets company operational and NPS goals into functional goals and strategies
- Understands scope of programs as defined by TPX and Connectivity Reliability team leadership. Participates in and supports key program planning sessions
- Builds Reliability program plans and maintains program record and status. Works with the core team to identify and drive required activities to completion. Identifies and manages program critical path, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies
- Provides input and prepares documentation and status reporting for Reliability initiatives, targeted to various audience levels
- Facilitates the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, measurement methodology and reports, and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team
- Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams including other TPX organizations, Business, Communications, Marketing, etc. Works with the other team members collaboratively to do this effectively
- Provides consultative function to TPX and Business teams on process, technology and customer experience improvements
- Acts as a program point-of-contact for senior management stakeholders
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and sensitive information
Metrics Creation & Insights
- Partners closely with Analytics and Data Science teams to develop product reliability and performance metrics to establish baseline against which to track improvement
- Provides input to and/or directly builds executive-level reporting and relevant messaging for reliability initiatives
- Generates insights from data-sets to inform direction within Reliability transformation program and continuous improvement initiatives
- Possesses working knowledge of access network, Broadband, WiFi and IoT customer-premise equipment and home networking
- Keeps abreast of new developments in Broadband, WiFi and IoT performance, big data analytics and machine learning, agile practices, best practices, and industry standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, ideally in either Business or Engineering courses of study
- Comcast residential product management and deployment experience preferred
- Broadband/WiFi/Internet of Things (IoT) product management or engineering experience preferred
- Management, operations or technology consulting experience preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Tableau reporting
- Generally requires 7-10 years related experience
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Makes business-impacting decisions on the ground floor of department operations.
- Promotes a customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering.
- Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.