Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. This position would be responsible for providing financial support for achieving performance goals for the Specialty Flow Control Global business as well as the Flow Control Americas Business Unit individually.
Provides overall financial support for orders and sales review, new initiatives, inventory reduction, process improvements, budget/forecast agenda items to maximize financial and operational performance. Assists as required and prepares special ad hoc financial analysis and presentations for management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly Global Specialty Flow Control Business Review slides, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Working Capital, and other financial and operational data in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Monthly reporting of Orders and Sales by Market.
- Assist in preparation of Pre-MBR presentation for the Flow Control Americas Business Unit.
- Support coordination of the budget and forecasting activities understanding the year over year changes, and related upload of information into the One Stream system.
- Weekly coordination and preparation of Orders and Sales Outlook files for weekly review meetings. Upload of weekly flash projections into One Stream.
- Prepare and distribute Daily Tracker for Orders and Sales using Business Objects.
- Monthly tracking of Price Realization reporting vs budget, forecast, and prior year
- Coordinate monthly marketing accruals and develop monthly reporting for Marketing expenses.
- Support month end close for the Flow Control Americas Business unit including preparing standard & quarterly accrual journal entries, reconciliation of G/L to source ERP system, prepare related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis and data for annual tax package
- Ad hoc reporting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with +5 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”)
- Experience working in large Manufacturing- oriented organizations
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in financial systems such as HFM or One Stream and related forecast/budget preparation.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 0% – 5%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.