Responsible for developing strategic plan to grow the subscriber base in the assigned area, product penetration and retention. Directs a department of Field Sales Representatives, Supervisors, Managers and core staff. Ensures an excellent working environment, maintaining staffing levels and training and motivating the team. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization’s business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Strategizes the development of sales plans, budgets and revenue goals through Direct Sales tactics.
- Provides strategic/consultative guidance and support to Individual Direct Sales divisional, regional and market area teams to maximize sales effectiveness across all product lines.
- Liaisons with leadership teams across other functional and hierarchical entities to identify and implement initiatives and/or best practice program improvements.
- Builds, implements and directs a viable sales team, ensuring subscriber growth and retention.
- Directs recruitment, training and development of employees with regards to sales and products.
- Reviews, analyzes and develops subscriber reports including sales, production, payroll, cost per sale, cost per save, sell in rates and cash flow contribution to budgeted goals.
- Ensures effective working relationships with in-house staff and contract labor to maximize customer sales and installation opportunities. Assists in business planning, formulating budget and participating in marketing decisions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for developing and cultivating Indirect channel relationships and establishing reporting procedures that streamlines sales process. Develops indirect sales organization and achieves long term corporate objectives in regards to revenue, profitability, market-share and market-positioning. Recruits and selects national/regional/local retailers, dealers and agents and negotiates contractual agreements with these organizations.
- Ensures reseller satisfaction with concept and products. Provides resellers/partners with timely, quality, thorough and actionable consultations, compliance support and ideas/recommendations.
- Consults with prospective resellers and guides them through the Company’s sales process.
- Coordinates and manages Indirect Channel Sales programs.
- Responsible for leading the development, implementation and measurement of Community Account Sales and marketing programs and initiatives. Ensures programs are designed to meet/exceed subscriber penetration objectives in assigned MDU properties. Leads team of Representatives in the development of property owner/manager relationships that improve penetration results. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Works with business partners to support and achieve penetration results in assigned properties by means of effectively deploying defined programs and identifying best practices and process improvements to share across the footprint.
- Supports identification and use of defined key activity and productivity metrics which measure/define the criteria of success for representatives. Manages teams and ensures metrics are met.
- Ensures representatives are clear on daily, weekly and monthly objectives with a full vision of year-end department goals. Ensures that all Representatives are trained in accordance to the appropriate learning plans including classroom, coaching, simulations, e-learning modules and others.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.