Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks a Senior Buyer to analyze and process authorized requisitions by establishing sources of supply and issuing financially binding purchase orders to obtain needed materials and services required by Xylem. The Buyer will also negotiate requirements of complex materials, supplies or services at most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, suitability, delivery requirements and reliability of selected sources of supply.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage purchasing strategies and supplier relationships to leverage Xylem purchases and customers’ requirements.
- Plans, creates, and executes cost saving targets for suppliers.
- Negotiates purchase contracts with selected suppliers and holds suppliers accountable to delivery and quality compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and part ordering policies in MRP software systems.
- Lead or participate in supplier plant Kazan events toward process improvement and cost reduction.
- Analyze and interpret MRP reports and take appropriate course of actions.
- Recommends and initiates new supply programs favorable to Xylem in areas of Production, Inventory Control, and Quality improvement.
- When appropriate, use purchasing & inventory management strategies such as VMI, and consignment to benefit our company.
- Corresponds with suppliers worldwide pertaining to bids, quotations, and other matters relative to purchasing and follow up.
- Manage suppliers to levels of delivery and quality performance required by Xylem.
- Familiar with competitive worldwide market situations and material alternatives. Research to benchmark suppliers and processes.
- Basic understanding of part drawings.
- Lead and instruct buyers in all areas of good purchasing practices as needed and when instructed by Procurement Leader.
- Assist Xylem Global Procurement team with data collection, outsourcing and communication.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field
- CPSM Certification is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
- Effective Leadership qualities and attributes a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.