Full Job Description
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays required
Client & Family-Centered Care Is At The Heart of Everything We Do At Lumacare! Lumacare believes Client and Family-Centered Care is based on a philosophy of care, treatment and support that empowers Clients to be active and knowledgeable partners in their health care. Whether you join Lumacare in a client facing role, in a leadership capacity, or in a support position, it is essential that every member of our team is passionate about promoting and protecting Client and Family-Centered Care.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly personality and will enjoy having direct contact with all kinds of clients whether they are frail, vulnerable, or elderly, while assessing their needs and helping them to plan for their care. They are proud to say that commitment to diversity and passion for helping others are amongst their personal values, and is looking for an opportunity that will allow them to exercise both while working for a non-profit community agency with a reputation for excellence.
Care Navigation Highlights:
- Develop service and care plans while building relationships with clients and caregivers.
- Provide assistance with navigating the health care system.
- Connect clients and caregivers to appropriate community supports/resources.
- Perform assessments to address client needs.
- Provide crisis Intervention and monitor client status.
- Regulated Health Care Professional with Registration as a health or social work professional, including registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, or social worker. Registered Social Worker is an asset.
- A minimum of one year of experience within the community support service sector or health care environment.
- Have experience working with the frail and elderly population, and knowledge of community resources including funding sources.
- Demonstrate case management/coordination experience including assessment, scheduling, and implementation of services, care planning, plan monitoring, and evaluation processes.
- Understand in-home health care issues, and familiarity with the Assisted Living Services for High Risk Seniors Policy.
- Have excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Power Point; knowledge of CIMS, and the RAI-CHA is as asset.
- Have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid Vulnerable Police Record check completed within last 12 months.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Fluency in other language(s) is an asset.
- On-call duties are required.
- This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you must provide Lumacare with proof of vaccination prior to employment.
Does this sound like what you’ve been looking for? Apply today!
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBT. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- healthcare: 1 year (preferred)
- RAI-CHA: 1 year (preferred)
- Community support service sector: 1 year (preferred)
- working with Frail and elderly population: 1 year (preferred)
Hiring 1 candidate for this role