$107,600 – $156,000 a year
Full Job Description
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world. HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity— we are looking for a Senior Storage Technical Program Manager who will both provide support and lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort.
How you’ll make your mark:
- You will manage and lead key software and hardware programs involving multiple functions and program teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for multiple products or service offerings for the Primary Storage business unit
- You will manage projects and related processes to ensure strategic alignment in engineering organization
- You will work closely with program managers across engineering organizations to review and evaluate program plans and guidelines
- You will provide tangible feedback to improve overall program management quality and results for the organization
- You will communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders.
- You will collaborate with business unit management, internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to products, processes, or business practices to drive continuous improvement and minimize program costs
- You will be expected to identify and manage risks to project schedule by working both with cross-functional teams as well as internal R&D teams
- You will be expected to manage priorities for multiple programs or projects
- You will be expected to mentor and coach less experienced program managers to help them grow their skillsets
If you are…
- Good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen – Good start, you are aligned to our core values!
- Holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
- Vastly experienced in delivering new software and/or hardware components in a complex, distributed enterprise solution
- Experienced in designing and developing project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results (MS Project and/or comparable tools)
- A person with strong interpersonal skills and success working with geographically dispersed teams
- A professional with a history of innovation with examples of developing new technical, engineering and/or manufacturing processes. (Support and contribute to both new and existing practices in software development and delivery)
- An energetic motivator that excels at managing cross-functional teams
- A self-starter with the ability to identify challenges and the initiative to take ownership and bring them to resolution
- Experienced with various software development lifecycles knowing what ones work best in different situations
- Able to effectively communicate program management architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at business unit levels
- Able to deliver upward and downward communications, from directly working with teams to reporting out to leadership
- Showing excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative, adaptive and flexible in implementing plans when things do not go as expected
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while also working with a wide variety of cross-functional teams toward common goals
- Able to deal with ambiguity and can digest complex problems in creative and analytical fashion
- Able to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Enjoy providing mentoring and coaching to less experienced program managers
- Experienced with the Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence as well as other legacy bug tracking tools
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
We are legally required to provide the following information for candidates seeking to staff this role in Colorado. The Colorado expected salary/wage range for this position is listed immediately below, although we reserve the right to offer above this range for exceptional candidates. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at http:explorebenefits.hpe.com (userid: benefits / password: preview).
Annual Salary: $107,600.00 – $156,000.00
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.