Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Software Engineer to work on our data engineering and data science team. As a member of the team, they will architect, design, develop and test portions of the full development stack on AWS Cloud. This will involve ETL to move large amounts of data, web application design for data visualizations and the ability to write/manage data API layers. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends: AWS and big data analytics, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Wants to build game-changing software applications and analytics for Utility industry
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Has strong sense of ownership and drive
- Is passionate about applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Has a passion for or a strong desire to learn AWS
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in a software development related field
- Commercial software development experience
- Strong SQL development experience.
- Strong Linux Experience.
- Strong Java Experience.
- An openness towards Open Source Technologies.
- Solid understanding of database structures, query tuning, and data modeling.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially Lambda, Redshift, S3, Athena, RDS, and EMR preferred. Will accept willingness to learn & we provide training.
- Experience with Business Intelligence software a plus. Will accept willingness to learn.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- This position is remote and can be performed in Eastern time.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 1 day ago