Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $67.8K – $85.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated cell biologist to join the Cell Line Team. This is a permanent position based in Waltham, Massachusetts
As a Research Associate in the Cell lines team, you will be responsible for preparing top quality KO cell line banks, and supporting production of western lysates, for the Abcam catalogue via both the NPD and replenishment pipelines. This is a lab-based role and your daily activities will contribute directly to Abcam’s goals and values.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform mammalian cell cultures, of adherent and suspension cell lines, to generate final cell line stock
- Produce cell pellets to support generation of western blot lysates for the catalogue
- Perform cell treatments to upregulate biomarkers for generation of treated western blot lysate material and other QC activities
- Perform quality control mycoplasma testing of final cell line stock
- Work with multiple stakeholders (supply chain, logistics, project management) to deliver products to the catalogue and aid with reporting
- Work autonomously to record and deliver data to deadlines
- Support existing Cell Science team in various projects, as required
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Antibody Validation and Characterization group and effectively communicate with various stakeholders on the projects
- Help establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs)
- Help maintain a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
You will have MSc in Life sciences, practical experience in mammalian cell culture is essential. Experience of working in an industry setting and/or under ISO9001 is desirable. Knowledge of CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing systems would be advantageous.
With excellent attention to detail, you will have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work across several projects, and to deadlines. You will be an enthusiastic team player; self-motivated, independent and able to facilitate open and constructive communication within the Cell Sciences team and other teams within the company.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.