Senior Platform Engineers aid the BluVector Engineering team by supporting the management and deployment of on-premise software products. They participate in the design and implementation of platform and packet ingest components. The platforms consist of the installed operating system, system management interfaces, container orchestration and system join/cluster creation processes. Ingest consists of working with common packet processing engines used in cybersecurity such as Zeek and Suricata. Senior Platform Engineers are expected to independently develop new features with minimum guidance and oversight.
- Designing and implementing software build, packaging and deployment methods within a Linux environment
- Augmenting and optimizing open-source cybersecurity network protocol processors including Zeek and Suricata
- Setting up automated manufacturing, deployment and configuration of BluVector products
- Ensuring security best practices are followed within business guidelines
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptionally strong Linux system administration skills (specific experience with CentOS8 or similar distributions)
- Experience with Python and C++ languages
- Experience with KVM/ESX and AWS EC2 virtual environments
- Experience with containerization systems (Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes)
- Experience with RedHat Package Manager (RPM), Yum, Git, and Ansible
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software packages and work effectively with limited instruction and oversight
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with distributed configuration management systems (Consul, etcd)
- Experience with the deployment, configuration and scaling of databases (PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, TimescaleDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with Zeek and Suricata
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform deployments
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (3 years additional work experience in place of degree)
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.