Full Job Description
Under administrative direction with a high level of autonomy, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to solicit, develop and service a wide variety of the most complex corporate loans. Develops and manages a portfolio of syndicated corporate loans, with a predominant focus on leveraged loans. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with external customers is required to develop, sell or service products.
- Create a pipeline of corporate and commercial loans, primarily through direct and syndicated loan products, with a focus on leveraged lending.
- Work closely with a team of analysts to underwrite and present loan investments to an Executive Loan Committee.
- Obtain, interpret and evaluate financial and industry information to determine credit worthiness and make decisions within lending limits.
- Portfolio and risk management of complex corporate loans on a quarterly and annual basis to ensure proper reserve requirements are applied. Ensure compliance with loan terms and take corrective action on variances.
- Source and manage participations with other corporate lenders on larger, syndicated loans.
- Develop, negotiate terms, and service commercial loans and accounts.
- Work closely with affiliates across capital markets to ensure client best practices.
- Maintain active customer and prospect database.
- Develop and maintain a balanced and sound loan portfolio in line with established policies, strategies and procedures.
- Structure and price loans.
- Maintain dialogue with client executive management teams
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of corporate and commercial lending and syndicated loan products
- Fluency in financial statement analysis
- Established organizational policies, strategies and procedures for commercial lending.
- Principles of banking, finance and capital markets.
- Financial markets and products.
- Analyzing financial information and determining credit worthiness.
- Negotiating commercial loan terms.
- Maintaining a customer and prospect database.
- Developing and maintaining a loan portfolio.
- Structuring and pricing commercial loans.
- Portfolio risk management.
- Verifying customer compliance with terms.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; must be comfortable working with people at multiple levels.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with external customers.
- Maintain currency in commercial lending policies, practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of six (6) years of commercial lending experience with an emphasis on commercial real estate.
- OR ~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.
Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority will be given to protected veterans
EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.