Full Job Description
Under limited supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification in financial services industry to ensure that business operations are conducted in a manner that sufficiently mitigates material risks to RJ Bank. This intermediate level position is part of the RJ Bank Oversight and Control (O&C) Department which functions as the first line of defense for RJ Bank. Primary responsibilities include managing first line testing and monitoring of controls, organizing and leading support during internal audits and exams, and partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure deficiencies are properly addressed. This position requires extensive analytical, communication, and critical thinking skills with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments to identify creative solutions to complex issues and driving to resolution with senior stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the first line of defense program within the RJ Bank and O&C department to ensure that material risks are identified and appropriately mitigated within established risk tolerances.
- Conducts first line testing of business operations to assess the effectiveness of controls in mitigating across various risk types including regulatory compliance, legal, operational, credit, and reputational risks.
- Assess comprehensive control testing results against intended outcome to identify the root cause and impact of control breakdowns or control gaps from a risk management perspective.
- Support strategic vision and partner with internal stakeholders in other risk support functions to identify process improvements, technology solutions, additional training resources, etc. necessary to address deficiencies.
- Summarize control testing results, identified issues, and recommended process improvements into formal reporting and distribute to department management and internal stakeholders.
- Lead and guide other team members to execute the annual department monitoring and testing plan in accordance with scheduled timeframes and deadlines.
- Direct the communication of status, issue, and risk advisory support to department management during daily operations and new business / change management initiatives to ensure that material risks are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Partner with the other lines of defense to support the three lines of defense risk management framework
- Provide operations and strategic support during internal compliance and audit engagements as well as regulatory exams.
- Assists department management in reviewing and maintaining department policies and procedures
- Partner with RJ Bank Enterprise Risk Management as a stakeholder in the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process throughout the calendar year.
- Manage and prioritize projects based on business needs and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and drive and drive continuous process improvement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Concepts, practices, and procedures of internal audit or internal control testing.
- Working knowledge of applicable banking regulations including but not limited to: : TRID, FDPA, SCRA, RESPA, TILA, HPA, HMDA, FCRA, , ECOA, UDAAP,, Req W, Reg U, etc.
- Consumer banking products and services including mortgage banking and asset-based lending
- Risk management concepts and methodologies including risk assessments.
- Identifying, reviewing, developing, and implementing controls and quality assurance processes.
- Significant communication experience with executive constituents; presentation, facilitation, oral, written and listening skills.
- Preparing and delivery of written and oral presentations to management.
- Investigating process and procedure breakdowns to determine root cause.
- Analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and identifying solutions to complex problems.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Large scale solution adoption – experience in delivering testing, training, deployment, and adoption strategies for large scale roll-out.
- Quickly grasp and assimilate complex information throughout multiple business units and make or influence rapid fact-based decisions.
- Engage senior business stakeholders for gathering business requirements is a must.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Identify trends within data and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply banking regulations and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keep abreast of banking industry rules and regulations and best practices in compliance.
- Role model for and driver of a culture of ethics, learning and accountability. Positive, can-do attitude, action and results-oriented, decisive, and willing to take control of a situation when required, trusted advisor with south judgment even when managing against aggressive timelines.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Compliance and/or the financial services industry.
- ~OR ~
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.
Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority will be given to protected veterans
EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm’s core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Posted 1 day ago