Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $83.1K – $105K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Abcam is looking for a Scientist to join our team in Waltham, MA, working to produce purify and analyze high quality recombinant proteins for development as both standalone and for use in kits, at Abcam. The goal of this product line is to deliver outstanding products to our customers and help Abcam achieve our aim of being the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Recombinant protein expression using mammalian, microbial and insect systems.
- Conduct small scale protein expression, purification and biochemical studies to support construct evaluation.
- DNA construct design and generation, including plasmid preparation.
- Purification of proteins using automated (FPLC) equipment using various chromatography methods, including affinity, charge and size-based separations.
- Experience in purification of proteins with and without tags.
- Analysis of proteins utilizing common techniques, such as endotoxin, SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC and Mass Spec.
- Independently design, plan and conduct laboratory experiments in support of new product development.
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required.
- Communicate clearly with team members within the Protein Sciences Group, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation as well as clearly presented data to support ongoing and completed work.
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analyzing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Support and foster a safe and efficient working environment within the Laboratory and ensure the safety of colleagues and visitors and adhere to all health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the facility is compliant with all internal and external quality standards, including ISO9001 (2015).
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment.
You have a proven track-record in industry, thriving in a fast-paced environment. You have demonstrated experience in protein purification and delivery of proteins meeting purity specifications.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree with 0-3 year of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in biochemistry, bioengineering, biochemistry or biology.
- Industrial experience in protein purification, generating proteins for multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with lyophilization a plus.
- Established track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Hard-working and motivated to deliver the highest quality proteins.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
Posted Just posted