Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $73.3K – $92.9K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Are you looking to join a growing business? Could you be part of a global team focused on developing a dynamic product range? If the answer is yes, read on!
As our team continues to grow in protein development, we now need a Scientist to join our team in Waltham, MA, working to produce, purify and analyze high quality recombinant proteins for development as both standalone product and for use in kits. We are produces dynamic new product lines with cutting edge purification and expression techniques.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Recombinant protein expression using mammalian, microbial and insect systems.
- Conduct small scale protein expression, purification and biochemical studies to support construct evaluation.
- DNA construct design and generation, including plasmid preparation.
- Purification of proteins using automated (FPLC) equipment, using various chromatography methods, including affinity, charge and size-based separations.
- Analysis of proteins utilizing common techniques, such as endotoxin, SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC and Mass Spec.
- Independently design, plan and conduct laboratory experiments in support of new product development.
- Communicate clearly with team members within the Protein Sciences Group, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation as well as clearly presented data to support ongoing and completed work.
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analyzing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab
You will have a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in biochemistry, bioengineering, biochemistry or biology. You have a proven track-record in industry, thriving in a fast-paced environment with experience in protein purification and delivery of proteins meeting purity specifications. You have excellent communication and organizational skills coupled with being a motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong problem-solving capabilities.
You will be joining a high contributing team so will be looking to take your career to the next level and develop with us as a business. It would be great if you had experience with lyophilization and generating proteins for multiple projects at a time.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.