Full Job Description
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
- Manage the support activities for Risk Systems applications from Montreal platform
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Asses the team members performance, recruit adequate and develop resources
- Provide technical and functional support to Americas and hand-over to Asia
- Provide timely acknowledgement & resolution on the incidents raised by users
- End to end follow-up and communication on issues impacting users & services
- Working closely with development teams and functional experts and provide expert, advice on emerging trends and issues affecting services
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and changes
- Provide input to application/infrastructure scalability
- Examine potential areas for service Improvement with the Service Manager
- Provide input to the implementation, backup and roll-back plans
- Act as a technical lead for internal and external projects
- Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management)
- Maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as 3rd party vendors
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Track record managing support teams and deliveries
- Proven working experience of at least 7 years in production or support.
- Familiar with ITIL framework of Incident management & problem management
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet the deadlines
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good hands-on experience in Unix/Linux systems and Shell or Python scripting
- Good hands-on experience in database modeling, architecture and SQL.
- Experience of Java would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Market Risk or Credit Risk
- Behavioral Skills: Ability to motivate people and generate commitment, attention to detail, ability to synthetize, problem solving
- Transversal Skills: Analytical, ability to understand, explain and support change, ability to develop others & improve their skills, ability to inspire others
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Experience Level: At least 7 years
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada | Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
: Standard / Permanent
: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
: At least 7 years