Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
BLS Certification (Preferred)
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $53K – $67K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in New Orleans, LA.
Full Job Description
POSITION SUMMARY: Incumbent is a graduate of an accredited nursing program, who holds Louisiana state licensure as a Registered Nurse. The RN is skilled in the ability to work directly with patients providing a continuum of nursing services including but not limited to drawing labs, providing vaccinations, obtaining a thorough assessment and history, and recording signs and symptoms. Keeps up with changing clinical guidelines regarding general patient care and patient-specific clinical conditions. Discusses wellness and adherence with patients as necessary.
AGENCY PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Maintain high level of professionalism and ensure confidentiality.
- Treat clients, staff, volunteers, board members, etc., with dignity and respect.
- Offer assistance to co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrate initiative by actively participating in the resolution of problems.
- Ask for assistance when learning new information or job duties.
- Take all necessary measures to properly use and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Respect the rights of co-workers to a productive workplace.
CULTURAL HUMILITY, COMPLIANCE & QUALITY ASSURANCE STANDARDS
- Actively engage in continuous critical self-reflection and life-long learning to understand, accept and celebrate the differences of both our staff and our patients. These differences include but are not limited to LGBTQ, communities of color, HIV+ individuals, immigrants, the medically underserved, individuals across the socioeconomic divide, people living with disabilities and any patient that needs our care.
- Identifying and working to positively improve employee and client satisfaction by upholding CrescentCares mission and values through respectful dialogue, constructive feedback and strategic planning.
- Cooperate with the Agencys Quality Assurance and Improvement Program. Includes actively participating in all required trainings, and in creating a culture of quality improvement. Cooperation with the quality program will be considered for performance reviews.
- Cooperate with the Agencys Compliance Practices. Includes immediately reporting issues, actively participating in required trainings, following HIPAA regulations, and assisting in creating a culture of compliance. Also includes compliance with written standards and all applicable federal and state laws. Cooperation with compliance will be considered for performance evaluations.
- Not currently listed as excluded or sanctioned by the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (OIG), the General Services Administration (GSA), or excluded from participation in any federal program. Agrees to promptly notify supervisor in the event of any such debarment, exclusion, conviction, threat or indictment occurring during the term of employment.
- Comply with the Agencys Compliance Practices, which include reporting conduct or events that potentially violates any laws or the Agencys written compliance standards. Will be met by disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination.
- Adhere to all practices specified in the Employee Handbook and Agency Operating Procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains clinical competency as demonstrated in providing direct patient care and licensure as well as maintaining current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Performs functions within the scope of practice contained in Louisiana Professional Standards, and Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN) practices.
- Triages patients and phone calls for urgent appointments, the need for urgent care, and referring to an emergency department if deemed necessary.
- Collects information concerning an individuals health status systematically and continuously including vital signs (height, weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation) as appropriate for the visit type.
- Records and communicates to determine nursing care needs, according to the following criteria:
- The priority of data collection is determined by the individuals immediate condition and needs.
- The collection and recording of data provides for systematic collection, frequent updating, accessibility, and appropriate confidentiality.
- Documents findings and nursing procedures properly in the patients medical record.
- Communicates with the care team practitioner concerning patient care issues and functions as part of the care team using evidence-based guidelines.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care.
- Determines nursing decisions in an ethical manner.
- Receives phone message and transmits them to the care team in a timely manner. Assists and communicates with the care team concerning patient care issues (e.g., change in condition, refill requests, patient incidents.)
- Facilitates medication refill requests, verifies medication requests with care team and obtains prior authorization as needed and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Maintains universal/standard precautions for infection control.
- Completes patient record checks for provider appointments, assures that referral results are obtained, and all lab results are available prior to the appointment.
- Maintains nursing logs as required by policies and procedures.
- Assists care team with examinations and procedures as assigned within scope of practice.
- Assures complete and accurate recording of immunizations in LINKS.
- Collects samples such as urine, blood, and stool specimens, in the clinic as ordered, and prepares specimens for transport to lab.
- Instructs patients in home-collection of urine, stool, and sputum specimens, when appropriate.
- Provides education to patient and patients personal support system in areas such as disease management, safer sex, medication adherence, injections, etc., as appropriate.
- Documents services performed for medical record keeping, compliance, billing, and reporting purposes.
- Assists with patient check-outs and scheduling patient specialty appointments and diagnostic tests as ordered by provider.
- Maintains order in labs and exam rooms, including stocking supplies. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Reviews provider orders, lab requests or follow-up needs with patient.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, or contraindicated, by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when the registered nurse makes a decision to NOT administer the medication or treatment.
- Accepts only those nursing assignments that are commensurate with ones own education preparation, experience, and authorized scope of practice as well as knowledge and ability.
- Follows CrescentCare guidelines for LSBN mandatory reporting of any unsafe nursing practice when there is reasonable cause to suspect actual harm or risk to patients by sing the agencys reporting mechanisms including reporting through nursing leadership.
- Serves as the nursing professional on CrescentCare Care Teams.
- Responsible for the overall care of patients as defined within their agreement with their collaborating providers.
- Promotes teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting at the local level.
- Assists with coordination of Transgender clinic activities, including but not limited to scheduling patients, providing patient education (in-person, via email, or phone call), and assisting in development, implementation, and refinement of Transgender clinic workflows.
- Participates in Health Fairs, employee and volunteer health programs, and immunization campaigns as appropriate.
- Assists in educational programs for staff and participates in team meetings.
- Maintains compliance with FTCA policies, LSBN, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies statuses and standards including CrescentCare Standards of Care.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Completes all mandatory Relias trainings as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- BSN or Associates Degree
- Louisiana Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing
- BLS certification required
- Valid Louisiana Drivers License
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work at multiple sites
- Necessary technical skills to use electronic health record, incident reporting system, email, and other information systems
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Must be motivated and be a self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations
- Ability to work independently in a proactive manner
- Understanding of pertinent regulatory guidelines such as HIPAA
- Demonstrates customer service focus
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Experience with the LGBT community preferred
- Spanish and English-speaking (bilingual) preferred
- Pediatric and OBGYN experience preferred
WORK CONDITIONS & ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work is primarily office-based. However, it may require working off-site at community outreach events.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, pulling, and climbing stairs.
- Working hours vary and may include evenings/nights, some Saturday clinics and multiple locations.
- The Registered Nurse may be expected to work earlier or stay later during busier periods.
- Shift may require working outdoors.
- Work with a diverse population as served by a Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to use a computer to chart patient information in the Electronic Health Record.
- Physical ability to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Must adhere to all policies specified in the CrescentCare Handbook of Employee Standards, and all relevant clinical operating procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Orleans, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role