Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Custom Pump Western RSM’s primary responsibility is to grow our business in the territory (CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, AZ, UT, ID, MT, WY, CO, NM, AK, HI). Work with and support our business partners and direct sales team who have front line responsibility for day to day sales with end users, as well as providing direct support to end users and consulting engineers for both new and Aftermarket large pump opportunities. Utilize a high degree of technical competency and advanced solution selling to provide complex solutions from our portfolio in this Engineered to Order business. Leverage existing relationships with the consulting engineering community and end users to position Flygt Custom Pump in specifications. Actively manage long cycle projects from inception to execution. Territory planning, understanding business climate, applications, and competitive position in the defined geography. Develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan with continuous evaluation and development of our distribution channels. Provide/facilitate training and education to all levels of sales channels and customers. Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems is required. Must have in-depth knowledge of the municipal/water utility market segment and general knowledge of the other large pump applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the rentals and sales of Xylem products and services.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com. Maintain a Pipeline Revenue health >85%.
- Coach and mentor channel partners and Xylem direct sales team. Conduct regular performance reviews and provide input on each channel partner’s performance based on clearly communicated expectations.
- Gain product expertise and develop complex solutions with consulting engineers, sales channels, and end users.
- Conduct product training sessions both internally and externally, both in person and virtually.
- Develop complex commercial sales strategies focused on long term business and growth within accounts and geographies; this will include any demand generation activities (sales blitz, digital marketing campaigns, etc.)
- Develop a bottoms up, market based financial understanding of assigned territory
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the region.
- Identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products.
- Partner with Marketing to manage sales blitzes, distributor and industry conferences, trade shows and other trade organizations to drive sales within the Region.
- Manage selling costs and travel expenses as well as approve budgets and Strive to operate within approved budgets for each fiscal quarter and year.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Work with National Accounts Manager to both drive deeper penetration into existing national accounts and develop additional opportunities within region.
- Manage Transport Distribution with your region as applicable – (Water Utilities)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum five years of successful sales management or management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Five years’ experience in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills are required.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Experience leading through influence
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas and electric motors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Standard weekly job hours:40+
- Travel requirement: 50%+ or as required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 3 days ago