$15.33 an hour
Full Job Description
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
Starting pay of $15.33 per hour with competitive benefits that let you see the world:
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. Our careers include competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
- Travel: Fly United for free – domestic and international – and bring your friends and family too!
- Flexibility: Opportunities for overtime and ability to trade shifts to work a flexible schedule.
- Phenomenal Benefits: 401(k), pension plan, health insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family.
- Grow your career: Opportunity to learn and grow into leadership roles with over half of our leaders starting in the operation.
- Up to $33.30 / hour: Seniority-based pay raises with additional compensation for shift differential and overtime
As a ramp service employee here’s what you’ll do:
As part of our baggage handling team, you will work up close and personal with the United fleet of aircraft to meet arriving and departing flights. You will be in constant motion as you tackle many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It’s a varied job that can be fun, rewarding and exciting, all at once.
What it’s like to work on the ramp:
- Safety is your number one priority, and you are always paying attention to details and to your surroundings
- You’ll be working planeside and outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures (we have fun treats like hot chocolate and popsicles when it’s really substantial!)
- Physical activity is a key component of this operation. Walking and standing most of the day is vital as well as lifting and transporting many items per flight – in some cases items weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- Overtime may be required to help us serve our customers
- You’ll use United technology to track bags and get your assignments.
- You and your coworkers work together to get it done, protect each other’s safety and have a good time
Qualifications & Requirements include:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Comfortable working with computers, mobile devices, and new technologies
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well as lift and handle baggage
- A valid state-issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; ability to operate automotive and other ramp equipment
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- Eligibility to acquire needed credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal)
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 3 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Posted 1 day ago