Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $103K – $131K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Springfield, VA.
Full Job Description
Strategic ACI is seeking a Radar Scientist (SME). You will be on a team providing technical and subject matter expertise support to NGA Research for existing and planned R&D programs, market research of emerging and existing state of the art technologies, acquisition of new capabilities, organizational management including business process and communications, and support to technology transfer and transition.
- Develop new non-literal radar and RF collection and exploitation methods and systems.
- Create future radar sensors to improve intelligence in denied areas.
- Provide expertise on geometric calibration, including stellar calibration, simulation of sensor geolocation accuracy and robust error propagation.
- Advance state-of-the-art research in RF and radar systems; Integration of advanced phenomenologies; National Technical Means and or Commercial RF and radar architecture and technology; Electromagnetic physics to review/asses mathematical equations; and State of the art and emerging technology for RF receiver systems.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree (Masters/PhD) in Mathematics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering.
- Greater than or equal to 20 years of work experience in the scientific and development areas listed above.
- Expertise in scientific research and development of Radio Frequency (RF) and Radar technology to include but not limited to: Non-literal radar and RF data processing and exploitation; Improvement of scientific tradecraft and systems for automating raw radar data exploitation.
RES – 18
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, willing to become fully vaccinated prior to starting employment, or request and be approved for a legally entitled accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Posted 1 day ago