Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Program Manager who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing programs, primarily serving the Philadelphia Water deployment project.
The ideal candidate will be someone who desires to make a difference in the conservation of global resources. Ideally the individual will have experience deploying multiple medium to large scale projects simultaneously and have a functional understanding of the technology used for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems in the Electric, Water, Gas, DA and Lighting utility markets. This person must demonstrate effective leadership, strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with diverse audiences and possess strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential. The individual must be goal oriented, have strong analytical skills, and be able to work both in the field and in office environments. Daily personal contact with customers, contractors, and internal support staff is the norm. Travel, onsite time and field assignments are usually based on contractual requirements or driven by program status, product needs or client expectations (expect 75% of your work time to be at a customer site).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Project Staff that manages and supports the delivery of projects and programs to ensure quality, on-schedule and on-budget completion.
- Direct a team of Project Staff and contractors to actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to manage and meet expectations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of Sensus’ Operations group, mentor peer and mid-level staff, and steward client satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership to staff and clients in resolving problems.
- Define and implement project scope and plans in accordance with the contract terms, clients needs, and Sensus’ offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout.
- Maintain highest quality reports and project deliverables that exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope and define KPI’s.
- Manage program staff, contractors, invoicing, schedule and budget.
- Operate as the face of Sensus to the customer and work with Customer management to ensure they are kept informed of schedule and issues.
- Responsible for hiring staff and developing/implementing plans to support the assigned program.
- Coordinate and communicate routinely with Sensus executives on revenue forecasting and program status.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 15 years’ experience with at least 10 years of Utility (Gas, Water, Electric, Communications) Industry experience
- PMP designation
- Must have experience leading and mentoring teams of Project Mangers or Engineers or industry related staff
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 75%-100%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.