Full Job Description
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager, Health Navigation & Enrollment Program for the IPA Program is responsible to:
- Provide the day-to-day management of the IPA Program to ensure the ongoing success, functionality, and growth of the program with the primary outcome of achieving program goals by enrolling people in a health insurance program
- Supervise three to four (3 to 4) full-time Health Insurance Navigators to support reaching program goals
- Create a plan for engaging the populations in Queens with the most need or least access to insurance and insurance information
- Identify partner sites and organizations that can host and recruit for enrollment drives
- Schedule enrollment drives and onsite outreach events for IPA program staff
- Build relationships with community partners
- Collaborate with other staff to incorporate navigation services in other programs, and to utilize other programs to build the IPA program
- Contribute to creating appealing and effective marketing materials, web presence, and other public facing documents
- Represent the Program and the LGBT Network in meetings, at public events, and on digital platforms, as needed.
- Draft and prepare program reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Create and deliver presentations to educate the community about the IPA program and eligibility for NYS Marketplace insurance and other medical benefits
- Conduct health insurance navigation and enrollment services, including screening and guiding applicants
- Perform digital and social media outreach to community members and organizations to increase awareness of the LGBT Network’s IPA program
- Coordinate enrollment drives with other community-based organizations and venues, such as libraries and community-based organizations
- Conduct outreach and program promotion to educate and engage small businesses about the benefits of Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- Work with representatives of local small businesses to enroll them in SHOP
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Two-plus years of experience supervising full-time staff in a human services setting preferred
- Ability to obtain Certified Application Counselor certificate post-hire will be required
- Experience with health insurance enrollment or benefits navigation required
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Strong communication and organization skills required
- Strong supervisory skills a must
- Flexible work schedule a must, as this position requires working nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation, using public transportation and/or a valid driver license as this position requires travel throughout Queens
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of people and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills for handling multiple tasks at once
The LGBT Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is a home and voice for LGBT people, their families, and support systems of Queens and Long Island. The LGBT Network’s community centers throughout the region help LGBT people to be themselves, stay healthy, and change the world. Since 1993, the LGBT Network has been pioneering advocacy and social change to promote safe spaces where LGBT people live, learn, work, play, and pray.
The LGBT Network (The Network) has an immediate opening for a full-time Program Manager for its new In-Person Assistor (IPA) program. This program is based out of the LGBT Network’s Queens LGBT Center (Q-Center) in Astoria, New York, and is designed to increase enrollment of the Queens Community in New York State of Health Insurance Marketplace and other health benefits when applicable. The Program Manager has the unique opportunity to design and launch this initiative with interesting, creative, and unconventional ways to reach the communities most in need of health insurance enrollment assistance. This position reports to the Director of Programs, Queens Region.
At this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Health Program Manager position is a split hybrid role, working from our Center and from home.
With each application, a resume and cover letter is required. Within the cover letter, please indicate any involvement in the LGBT community, whether it is as a professional, volunteer and/or activist. Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The LGBT Network is an association of nonprofit organizations that serve the LGBT communities of Long Island and Queens including Long Island Gay and Lesbian Youth (LIGALY), The Long Island LGBT Community Center (The Center), Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders – Long Island (SAGE-LI), and the Queens LGBT Community Center (Q-Center). All of the Network’s organizations are proud to be Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. People of color, women, trans and gender non-conforming people, and individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.