Full Job Description
New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
Shape an inspiring model of community-inspired care.
Be at the Forefront of Change in Healthcare Delivery
As the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian has a long tradition of bringing hope, health and healing to our communities. NYP is continuously implementing new programs to meet the unique needs of our communities, and is strengthening those that exist. Our programs build upon, and tie together, the Hospital’s inpatient care coordination, Ambulatory Care Network, and community outreach programs. Your work will help us bring innovative care and support to our communities, extending health and wellness to thousands of individuals and families. Now, you can become one of the people who make a difference.
Program Coordinator – HIV Community and Population Health – Grant Funded
In this key role, identify individuals who are at risk for HIV and link them to care. Complete risk assessments to evaluate the patients’ need for PrEP or PEP followed by your support with insurance navigation, provide treatment and medication adherence counseling and support, and ongoing risk reduction counseling. Complete all grant-related forms as required by the grants, meet grant deliverables, document all contacts, utilize internal IT tools to track patients, outreach patients as needed, and advocate with insurance programs/companies as needed. Participate in community outreach events and conduct presentations in the community to raise awareness.
This is a grant funded position.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with program planning and evaluation and contract management
- Experience working with LGBT-identified, runaway and homeless, foster care and/or immigrant youth populations
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 -5 years of equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, “America’s Best Hospitals 2021-2022.” – U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 “Employees’ Choice Awards: Best Places to Work” – Glassdoor
- 2021 ” Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma” – Fortune
- 2020 “America’s Best Employers in New York State” – Forbes
- 2020 “Working Mother 100 Best Companies” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Companies for Multicultural Women” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Workplace for Men in Nursing” – American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we’re #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.