1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Production Planner at our Pewaukee, WI site supporting assembly and testing of our pump product lines. Plan and schedule the manufacturing processes for new unit projects, parts, and service businesses. Responsibilities include making sure that all computer system requirements are completed (routings are established, work orders issued, inventory transactions, etc.); coordinating the work between sub-vendors and the various functional departments; ensure that work is scheduled and completed to meet contract delivery requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Planning and scheduling of work for manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for records and transactions pertaining to inventory in MRP system.
- Monitor, maintain, and reset basic stock levels as market and sales trends change in accordance with established guidelines.
- Responsible for determining the best method of using on-hand material.
- Coordinate with purchasing team routings needed to produce components through reviewing material requirements from drawings and bills of materials received from engineering
- Responsible for prioritizing work to meet customer demands and communicating the work with supervisors.
- Maintains production records which includes but not limited to: Daily checks and computer input of time sheets.
- Responsible for control of data which includes gathering and distribution of all information needed to complete work.
- Assists in the planning, preparation, taking and follow-up of the annual physical inventory and cycle counting.
- Tracking and monitoring the progress and quality of sub-vendors and suppliers, USA and abroad.
- Planning and forecasting financial results based on product deliveries.
- Provide promise dates to customers based on current shop load and available material.
- Track progress to key milestones and critical path.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
- 2 years minimum experience in project execution (engineering, planning, business etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Basic math skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills required.
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word and PowerPoin
- Demonstrate influence leadership competencies through influence that build teams and morale while promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Experience with an MRP systems
- Black Belt certification, experience with CI practices such as QDIP
- Knowledge of Epicor Iscala
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 8+ hours per day
- Office: Standard office equipment
- Shop: As required to monitor progress
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 2 days ago