Full Job Description
The Phone Operator Generalist serves as an engaged team member to enhance the customer experience. They receive and relay incoming telephone calls for Evergreen Health, Community Access Services and Pride Center of WNY, providing directory information to inquirers and transferring calls, as appropriate. The Phone Operator Generalist works to meet or exceed customer expectations by understanding what is important to each customer. They also collaborate with staff and support all quality programming and initiatives as needed.
As part of the essential functions of this role, the Phone Operator Generalist:
- Answers and routes incoming calls on a Cisco telephone system
- Performs database retrieval for directory information
- Provides information obtained from a variety of sources to field questions from the public regarding departments, phone numbers, operational hours, etc
- Assists callers in identifying needs and routes calls appropriately
- Updates and maintains current staff directory and other resources to ensure accurate dispensing of information
- Works closely with the City/Public Safety Department as needed by contacting them during emergency or non-emergency situations
- Attends necessary trainings to keep computer skills up-to-date and learn new or modified procedures
- Knows immediate and follow-up actions to take when an emergency call is required
Qualified Candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, (Associate’s degree preferred) with professional experience working as phone operator or comparable. Previous professional experience in a call center highly preferred. Experience with Cisco phone systems highly preferred. Bilingual (English and Spanish speaking) preferred. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, and demonstrate ability to work across multiple departments. Candidate must also be detail-oriented and demonstrate good organizational and time management skills. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school Diploma or Equivalent
Required experience: Phone Operator, Call Center