Full Job Description
WHO WE ARE –
Since 1903, YWCA Spokane has been helping women and children overcome social, economic, and personal barriers in order to accomplish their goals and achieve healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Today, areas of focus include supporting victims of intimate partner domestic violence, promoting early childhood education, and fostering the economic advancement of women. In addition to providing free, confidential, and trauma-informed programs and services to approximately 17,000 in and around Spokane, YWCA is focused on confronting racial and social justice issues impacting our clients and our community.
Please visit ywcaspokane.org/about/our-impact/ to learn more.
BENEFITS OF BEING A YWCA SPOKANE TEAM MEMBER –
Compensation for this role:
Starting Pay: Dependent on experience.
Position: 40 hours per week, full time, non-exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday (may include some nights and weekends)
The YWCA Spokane offers a competitive benefits* package including;
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (accessible at time of hire)
- Employer funded retirement plan & 401K options
- Ongoing training and development
- 50% off YMCA Membership
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Account Options
*Benefit eligibility dependent upon employment status.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR –
As the organization evolves for strategic growth in fundraising, and donor development, YWCA Spokane is seeking an experienced, energetic, thoughtful, creative, and proactive team member and leader to nurture existing donor relationships, steward new partnership opportunities. The person in this position will regularly review and improve upon current frameworks and procedures to maintain efficient management of donor relations. This person will have a high degree of independent judgement and a strong belief in the work and mission of the YWCA Spokane.
The Philanthropy Coordinator reports to our Chief Philanthropy Officer. This person is a dynamic and integral part of the agency’s philanthropy department. They are responsible for cultivating and generating revenue through contributions and charitable giving. The Philanthropy Coordinator will nurture donor relationships, ask and receive major gifts with the help of board and other volunteers. They are responsible for supporting the management processes of donor relationships; including understanding donor passions and interests, accurate donor records, donor engagement planning, and donor acknowledgments through various interactions and technologies including the agency’s data management system (Raiser’s Edge). Ongoing collaboration with staff, the agency’s board of directors, vendors, and volunteers is fundamental to this role in order to help fulfil strategic philanthropic goals.
YWCA Spokane has adopted a culture of philanthropy that supports and nurtures resource development focused on enhancing the wellbeing of our clients, community, and team. As an ambassador for the agency, the Philanthropy Coordinator supports this culture by building and maintaining relationships with key community partners, communicating clearly and warmly with our supporters and our community at large, and by expressing our most sincere gratitude for their partnership.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING –
With support and guidance provided by the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a large portfolio (100-150) of mid-tier to major donors, create and manage cultivation strategies and plans by donor.
- Support the Chief Philanthropy Officer in developing and nurturing new and existing relationships from mid-tier toward major donor partnerships.
- Design or oversee the development of marketing materials and proposals for major donors, planned and legacy giving efforts as needed.
- Oversee and contribute to the communication and connection with all donors immediately following a gift received. Identify any prospects that should be considered for a portfolio.
- Tracking all data relating to donor support in YWCA Spokane’s constituent database (The Raiser’s Edge), including new donor entry, gift processing and acknowledgment in conjunction with the Data Administrator.
- Nurture sustainable systems within the agency that increase leadership involvement by board members and committee members.
- Assist in maintenance of regular monthly activities including sustainable major donor engagement, producing customized reports, tracking planned donor deadlines and milestones.
- Collaborates with the philanthropy team to ensure the successful completion of annual digital and print campaigns, fundraising events, and pop-up small gathering events.
- May support fundraising and small donor cultivation events by serving as a lead between the agency and event committees with the goal of raising vital funds and support for the mission and programs of the agency.
- May support and oversee volunteers, interns, and work study students working to support your work.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE POSITION –
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in philanthropy, business, communications, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising. Nonprofit CRM, Business, customer service, marketing or communications experience is helpful.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications.
- Exceptional time-management, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with data analysis. Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor management software preferred.
- YWCA Spokane values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence to apply.
COVID-19: Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required for employment at YWCA Spokane. Religious or disability exemptions/accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your RESUME and a COVER LETTER to ywca_philanthropy@ywcaspokane. org
*Applications that do not include both a resume and cover letter may not be accepted.
YWCA of Spokane is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role