Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Entails ensuring timely preparation, tracking, and maintenance of payroll taxes and other regulated local, state and federal taxing jurisdictions. This individual will liaise with Treasury, Finance, Legal, Corporate Tax and HR acting as an interface and potential lead to understanding and resolving Payroll Tax matters.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review and resolve issues affecting company compliance and legal requirements as they pertain to payroll taxes
- Maintain documentation, or develop as needed, for payroll tax process and filings
- Assists in tax compliance matters with the acquisitions and integration of newly acquired companies to ensure the appropriate tax documentation
- Responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly and annual tax reconciliations
- Ensure all payroll tax deposits and returns are made accurately and on a timely basis to prevent potential penalties and interests
- Respond to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies in researching laws and regulations regarding payroll taxes and payroll withholding procedures
- Assist Payroll Manager in quarterly and year-end balancing and W2 reconciliation process
- Responsible for accurate and timely set up and release of garnishment withholding
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors and internal reviews
- Provides feedback to assist in developing client services improvement projects (e.g. improve Tier 1 communications, Knowledge base content updates…).
- Provides language translation support (clarify global level and audience: Mgr. English sufficient or Ee. local language)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field, with 3-5 years of payroll tax experience, including multi-state taxation and multi-FEINs
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of local, state, federal, and country payroll tax practices, state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Ability to work independently and function well in a team and matrix structure
- Ability to act independently and quickly solve problems, make decisions with a strong customer oriented focus
- Embraces change and demonstrates ability to operate as an agent of change
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously, while maintaining high accuracy and attention to detail
- Treat highly confidential information with utmost integrity
- Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and customer service skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.