Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $43.9K – $55.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Our Mission Acceleration Team is made of enthusiastic specialists, focused on delivering a world-class service to our customers, globally. The teamwork is organized in a Mission Acceleration/Mission Prep set up. You will be part of the MAC team where the primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers’ orders are placed within the expected deadlines. Our communication skills are impeccable, and we use multiple channels to communicate with our customers and internally. Our teams use various applications to process orders and to communicate with our customers efficiently
You must live in either Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Connecticut
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Placing EMEA and US orders, mainly EMEA
- Proactively resolve customer queries, liaising with other departments when appropriate
- Manage their own admin around the orders placed, providing quotations, processing credit notes etc.
- Proactively contact customers with information about their order
- Own their customer data ensuring that information in our systems is accurate at all times
- Support other team members when needed and with an enthusiastic mindset
- Recommend promotions and product alternatives to customers when appropriate
- Look for ways that you can continually improve how you do your job
You are a proactive and reliable individual with ‘can do’ attitude. You have some customer service / customer-centric experience and can demonstrate excellent customer service awareness. It can be experience within sectors such as Retail, Gaming and Leisure & Tourism. You have experience with order processing as well as excellent attention to detail. You can prioritise your workload and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Most of all, you have a positive mindset, love helping people and take initiative to solve queries!
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.