$12.36 – $19.51 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Inside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Admissions Representative for LGBTQ Addiction Rehab, Weekend Days & Evening / Night Weekdays
Overview for Inside Sales Admissions Coordinator:
The LGBTQ community is fiercely and fabulously supportive of each other. But traditional rehabs don’t support them.
It’s time for the recovery community to recognize LGBTQ people’s gifts, their gender identities, and the systemic oppression that sometimes drives them to use substances in the first place. But most rehabs don’t even let non-binary people in!
Inspire Recovery isn’t just inclusive— it’s queer and trans-led. We are a transforming, passionate, life changing company on a mission to help the LGBTQIA+ community have an authentic experience while recovering from drugs and alcohol. We celebrate our community’s strengths and normalize their struggles. Our radically trauma-informed approach includes prescribing hormones on an informed consent basis as soon as clients arrive, destigmatizing sex work, and de-escalating folks’ mental health crisis rather than hospitalizing them.
If this sounds like the transformative recovery community you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
- Reach out to prospects via email, phone, and LinkedIn, & Psychology Today to educate them on our program.
- Qualify potential clients to make sure they are a good fit for Inspire Recovery.
- Organize & take thorough notes on potential clients in CRM & spreadsheets
- Learn about the clients we serve and how we serve them to be able to talk with potential clients, their families, friends, other programs with an accurate understanding of how we help and the importance of LGBTQ folks coming to our program
- Complete the admission and discharge process from client verification of Benefits (VOB) and pre-assessment to assisting with continuance of care after discharge.
- Provide information about our program to potential clients and outbound referrals based on presenting information. Be able to identify when each is appropriate.
- Maintains communication with outside referrals.
- Track and document admissions process – from initial call, up to intake, including admission in the CRM and spreadsheets.
- Conduct timely follow-up with a sense of urgency as needed to ensure admission.
- Upon client intake discuss copays, deductibles and self-pay financial agreements (if any) and ensure client signatures on financial agreements.
- Each January, discuss copays and deductibles and create arrangements for collection.
- Maintains constant communication with supervisor, communicating and problem solving via the chain of command.
- Assist in client intake and pre-assessment screening procedures, including orienting clients about the program and their responsibilities.
- Regular follow up with the referring facility or referral source.
- Maintain professional and positive attitude when working with callers/potential patients, members of the call center team and facility Intake Departments.
- Identify and report new referral source opportunities.
- Daily & Weekly reports and other duties as assigned.
- Follow any and all processes, spreadsheets, checklists, etc. to ensure accuracy and speed of the admissions process.
- Available to take calls on nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a track record of driving results
- You’re hard working and goal-oriented
- You have a tireless positive attitude
- You have a growth mindset and view challenges as learning opportunities.
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- You love getting to know new people and helping them find addiction treatment help
- Proficiency in Excel and CRM Data Management
- Ability to assess the risk of self-harm
- Strong understanding of addiction, commonly abused substances and their classification, codependency, dual diagnosis and psychiatric conditions.
- An understanding of levels of care.
- Ability to effectively communicate the benefits of LGBTQIA+ specific outpatient treatment.
- Sales Experience & Closing Experience
- A.A. in Psychology, Business, Marketing or Social Work preferred
- 1+ years experience working in a treatment setting with clients who are recovering from addiction.
- Personal recovery experience helpful
- Ability to quickly assess (by phone) the acuity and needs of potential clients and make treatment recommendations based on clinical presentation.
- Ability to work with referring professionals to coordinate client admission.
Inspire Recovery is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Inspire Recovery is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at (561) 899-6088 ext. 115
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.36 – $19.51 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Inside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- addiction recovery: 1 year (Preferred)
- affirming LGBTQ: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role