Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $37.2K – $47K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Buffalo, NY.
Full Job Description
The Medical Case Manager is responsible for comprehensive coordination of medical care (and linkage to supportive services and retention in care) to improve health outcomes for patients of Transgender Healthcare Services grant. They perform assessments surrounding treatment readiness, barriers to care including perceptions, service plan development, insurance issues, routine contact and linkage to support services especially those onsite (care coordination, pharmacy, nutrition, transportation, housing, counseling, risk reduction groups etc.) and advocacy, outreach and support. They collaborate with and support team members to ensure a patient focused approach to care.
As part of the essential functions of this position, the Medical Case Manager:
- Conducts initial assessment, and conducts follow-up interviews annually with patients in the primary care setting.
- Provides linkage and referrals to all other appropriate wrap-around services and programs available throughout the Evergreen Association and the community to address any identified barriers or challenges.
- Ensures patient retention in care through monitoring, patient reminders and identifying and addressing any barriers directly or through referrals if necessary.
- Maintains complete, current and accurate patient files through the electronic medical records system (Medent) complying with agency protocols and confidentiality policies.
- Completes documentation of all patient encounters within the Medent system ensuring all input is current and accurate.
- Attends/arranges case conferences with internal and external service providers regarding common patients as necessary to meet patient’s needs.
- Conduct field reporting to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provides opportunities for development of health supporting life skills to enhance the patients’ health literacy and capacity to self-advocate for healthcare.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude providing outstanding customer service to all patients and Association staff, always recognizing that patient needs are the Association’s top priority.
Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in health, human or education services and one (1) year of qualifying experience*; OR Associates degree in health, human or education services and two (2) years of qualifying experience. *“Qualifying Experience” means experience working with the following populations: persons with HIV infection, and/or persons with a history of mental illness, homelessness, or chemical dependence. Working knowledge utilizing EMR systems required (Medent, highly preferred). Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally. Candidate must demonstrate time management and organizational skills, and familiarity with computers and MS Office software. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s (plus 1 year experience); OR Associate’s (plus 2 years experience)
Required experience: Experience working with persons with HIV infection, and/or persons with a history of mental illness, homelessness, or chemical dependence
Additional requirements: Familiarity with EMR systems and MS Office software
What Evergreen Health Offers You:
- Multiple comprehensive medical health insurance plans for you to choose from
- Dental and Vision coverage at no cost to you
- Paid Time Off package that equals 4 weeks of time in your first year
- 403b with a generous company match
- Paid parking or monthly metro pass
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid lunch breaks