Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $31.9K – $40.3K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Buffalo, NY.
Full Job Description
The Medical Assistant performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service, collaborating with medical staff to ensure a patient centered approach to care. Essential functions of this role:
- They collaborate and support the team members to ensure a patient-focused approach to care.
- Performs clerical duties that drive efficient patient flow.
- Prepares patients for provider visits and/or procedures by taking vital signs; accurately records medical history and determines risk factors.
- Facilitates lab and diagnostic tests at the request of the ordering provider.
- Conducts a review of scheduled patient’s charts to assist with pre-visit planning.
- Assists and prepares all paperwork on behalf of patients including, but not limited to: prior authorizations for treatments and prescriptions, patient benefits, entitlements, disability and any other agency inquiries as assigned.
- Maintains exam rooms according to protocols. Cleans rooms and equipment between patient exams to ensure patients’ comfort and compliance with infection control standards. Ensures all necessary supplies are stocked and equipment is functioning properly.
- Thoroughly records information with the EMR to meet clinical and agency requirements.
- Facilitates infection control through utilizing and maintaining sterilization equipment per manufacturer’s recommendation. Responsible for autoclave testing and maintaining an autoclave test log.
- Maintains documentation of logs as appropriate.
- Assists in the evacuation of patients in the event of an emergency.
- Maintains compliance with patient medical records and procedures and complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Actively strives to improve patient service delivery through participation in QI/QA activities. Attends and participates in all in-services and educational conferences provided by staff and outside vendors.
- Attends initial orientation and training, required annual trainings, and other trainings to strengthen skills and improve program outcomes.
- Actively checks work emails, reads all company communications and stays up to date with organizational and department specific announcements.
- duties as requested.
Qualified Candidate will have a High school diploma or equivalent, current valid CPR certification and one (1) year of experience in a healthcare practice. Medical Assistant Certification CMA (AAMA) strongly preferred. Familiarity with EMR system (Medent) strong preferred. Candidate must t be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, demonstrate familiarity with computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word) and ability to multitask and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment. Excellent customer service skills required. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High School Diploma (plus 1 year experience); OR Equivalent combination
Required experience: Experience working in a healthcare practice
Required certification: CPR; CMA (AAMA) (preferred)
Additional requirement(s): EMR (Medent) systems (preferred)
What Evergreen Health Offers You:
- Multiple comprehensive medical health insurance plans for you to choose from
- Dental and Vision coverage at no cost to you
- Paid Time Off package that equals 4 weeks of time in your first year
- 403b with a generous company match
- Paid parking or monthly metro pass
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid lunch breaks
Posted Just posted