1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Mechanical Product Engineer will perform a mission critical role in solving technical challenges in support of sustaining daily business needs and champion cost savings through managing value engineering activities as well as supporting new product development through manufacturing engineering & should cost analysis.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with Operations department to identify, scope and create deliverables for key projects
- Drive and support operational engineering opportunities as required
- Identify best manufacturing practices
- Write manufacturing technical documents and procedures
- Manage ECR/ECN documentation
- Work with domestic and international manufacturing suppliers with implementation (equipment, process, people…)
- Assure compliance with all established personnel & safety policies and procedures
- Assist Technical Product Owners in sustaining the Treatment product portfolio
- Create or modify product collateral including drawings, BOM, O&M, etc. while performing product maintenance activities
- Perform daily business support to Quality, Engineered to Order, Procurement, and Service Teams
- Assist in leading resolution to challenged projects
- Support new product development by leading should cost analysis with our Tech. Center team
- Lead the scope development of value engineering projects and oversee execution of value engineering projects with our Tech. Center team
- Identify product cost savings and value add activities to build a pipeline of year over year improvements
- Other Duties as assigned by manager
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- AutoCAD & PTC Creo proficiency
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial Engineering with 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with “hands on” trade experience & prototyping
- Experience with plastics and metal processing
- Robotics/automation experience/knowledge
- Lean manufacturing, SPC, Minitab
- Working knowledge of UL, CE, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, ASME, ANSI, CSA, IEC, CRN standards and regulations
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities.
- Onsite: Construction sites, water & wastewater treatment plants
- Travel up to 25% domestic & international
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 2 days ago