Founded over 60 years ago in the belief that Milwaukee would need a great public university to become a great city, UWM has a dual research and access mission aimed at serving the diverse needs of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area by furthering opportunities at all levels for students who may be financially or educationally disadvantaged. More than one-third of its students are the first in their families to attend college, and 30 percent are students of color. In all, the university educates more than 27,000 students on its three campuses. It is the largest educator of veterans in Wisconsin, with more than 1,000 enrolled each year under the federal G.I. bill. The Princeton Review named UWM a 2018 Best Midwestern university based on overall academic excellence and student reviews. UWM is committed to the full inclusion of LGBT+ campus constituents. In 2018, Campus Pride Index named UWM as one of the Best of the Best Top 30 LGBTQ-friendly postsecondary institutions in the United States. UWM was the first university in the UW-System to implement an inclusive housing policy.
Join the UWM family and the Milwaukee community and grow professionally and personally in your career and life. We make learning accessible at every age, stage of life, and location. At UWM, we all share the motivation to learn and to excel. We value unique perspectives and possess the talent and desire to nurture ideas that make a global impact. The comforts and connections of a major metropolitan city meet the resources and expertise of a world-class research institution at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The distribution of duties for this position is approximately:
- 40% Develop and implement marketing strategies and techniques
- 25% Collaborate with copywriters, designers and social media staff on delivering modern marketing techniques, customer service, and data-gathering
- 20% Prepare quality marketing strategy for student and divisional campaigns
- 15% Apply appropriate assessment and analysis to applied integrated marketing and promotional materials
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Communications, Language Arts, Marketing, Applied Business, related field, or commensurate experience
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications, Language Arts, Marketing, Applied Business, or related field
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a student life/student support position with supervisory functions and/or in a marketing or related field
- Experience providing student mentorship
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether he/she/they meet any of the qualifications, he/she/they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
All application materials will be further evaluated as evidence of excellent written communication skills. Candidate(s) selected for hire will be required to submit official college transcripts, if applicable.
Application Deadline 07/27/2022
Posted 1 day ago