Institute on Aging
You may think “old” when you think of Institute on Aging because we offer services for elders and are a 40+ year institute….but you wouldn’t be more wrong. While, we do have a long-standing history in the Bay Area, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life by enabling them to maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid elders maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help drive content curation, support webinars, and provide overall department support. This candidate should have a passion for marketing and the desire to learn. As a natural storyteller, the supervisor should have the ability and desire to discover and tell our client and employees stories in a variety of channels. In addition, this individual should have an outgoing personality and demeanor to represent the company during webinars and to the community at large.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, this role will work cross-functionally, engaging with multiple departments and personnel including senior executives, program staff, Philanthropy, as well as external partner agencies such as graphic design and social media.
Teamwork makes the dream work, so join the team and build the dream!
- Drive content strategy and curation from conception to execution to support marketing functions
- Develop a high-level editorial strategy and manage the editorial calendar. Execute on monthly, quarterly, and annual plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop and produce content across multiple media formats
- Mobilize contributors and subject matter experts to source blog and multi-media content that meets deadlines and aligns with departmental goals
- Coordinate with external agencies to develop any necessary support pieces such as copy or video
- Partner with Education Manager in planning and executing webinars
- Drive attendance to marketing webinars and provide structure on follow up and conversion
- Participate in brainstorming and creation of seminar and webinar topics
- Maintain a pulse on industry topic trends
- Support the department in administrative tasks as needed such as invoice processing, contract progression, and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing or education related fields
- Ability to think like a journalist, finding the most interesting or trending stories
- Knowledge of education/seminar best practices, especially with remote/webinar logistics
- Must possess an understanding of marketing, advertising, and/or digital marketing
- Experienced in print marketing process and working with printer/mailhouse in gathering quotes and meeting deliverables
- Ability to deal with accelerated timelines and shifting deliverables—while being able to prioritize, communicate tradeoffs, and keep teams on track.
- Demonstrated success collaborating across departments
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on a PC platform with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A team player who actively participates in brainstorming sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications or related field
- Experience with using CMS (WordPress), Constant Contact, and knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred.
The mission that drives us:
IOA wants everyone to AgeOn!
Institute on Aging works to enhance the quality of life for adults as they age by enabling them to maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community.
Who we serve:
We serve a diverse population of older adults and disabled adults without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, or social status. We embrace the Bay area’s vibrant and varied culture, celebrating the diversity of its inhabitants. We have a commitment to representing, honoring, and enhancing the journeys of all aging adults, including those from different cultural backgrounds as well as seniors within the LGBT community.
We seek to embrace and uphold our values: integrity, authenticity, collaboration, innovation, accountability, and compassion.
A little about our benefits:
A fit for all, our benefits will have you covered whether you are single, married, or in a domestic partnership, including kids or no kids! We offer two healthcare plans to choose from, provide 9 paid holidays, one floating holiday, and two weeks paid vacation (three weeks after your 1-year anniversary hits). Additionally, we have paid parental leave, family medical leave, 403(b) plans, commuter pre-tax benefits, and other options. We foster an open work environment that supports and promotes inclusion, diversity, and individuality. Employee Resource Groups and wellness programs are also available.
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by logging onto www.ioaging.org
IOA reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.