1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Marketing Communications Specialist, Environmental Solutions. This role will be responsible for creating and carrying-out ongoing marketing and communications activities that support the sales effort and defined strategies required to meet organizational objectives for Xylem Environmental Solutions Product Segment. This position will work closely with the Segment Product team, internal and external marketing resources and the sales organization to help execute marketing campaigns that are aligned with the Environmental Solutions strategic marketing plan. The Marketing Communications Specialist will help us to grow our business by providing customers, selling partners and employees with visually attractive, highly persuasive and educational content about our company, products and services.
Job Specifications and Work Performed
- Create new product launch plans and launch kits, support new product development
- Work with the product teams to design and generate marketing collateral for Environmental Solutions products and applications including training materials for internal and external partners, webinars, specification sheets, brochures, application notes, customer enablement tools, advertisements, videos, and all broad audience communications using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Camtasia, and others.
- Assist with content creation for YSI.com, newsletters, email, social media and blog activities
- Provide monthly marketing reports including our tracked KPIs for Environmental Solutions
- Manage web content and SEO activities using XA tech stack tools
- Implement branding standards and style guides developed for our products, in collaboration with the North America Core Team
- Support marketing/lead generation strategies to improve sales for new and existing products
- Create and deliver sales presentations for sales team and selling partners
- Assist in activities designed to build and improve our customer database
Experience & Academic Requirements
- Four-year college degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, Communications, Science or Business is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years marketing background with communications experience or graphic arts and it is recommended that a design portfolio be provided
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and it is recommended that a writing sample be provided
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Adobe Acrobat, video editing software, and web-based communications.
Key Skills and Attributes
- An understanding and commitment to Xylem and customer values regarding environmental monitoring and stewardship.
- Ability to keyboard 50% percent of the time and to remain seated for extended periods
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Experience and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Decisive with good judgment. Must be able to work effectively with a high level of autonomy and minimal direct oversight.
- Able to work in a team and cross-functional environment and to manage outside resources to accomplish tasks.
- Direct experience with environmental technologies or a high aptitude for understanding relevant technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications to various markets and applications.
- Copywriting and copyediting skills to convey our marketing message in high-quality materials.
- Technical background with the ability to oversee production of relevant product videos, marketing brochures, customer webinars, selling guides, and associated materials.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Willingness to bring forth and implement ideas to help improve job and cost effectiveness.
- Willingness to experiment with new technology and marketing methods.
- General office environment with work from home option
- 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday through Friday,
- Up to 10% travel required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.