Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer will lead, participate in, cross-functional projects to address and resolve product and manufacturing issues, with regards to the sustainment of and continuous improvement of products, processes and methods to improve safety, quality and delivery, while reducing operational costs for the business.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide the production facility with the support resources to maintain, document and improve existing processes, programs, tooling and standards to satisfy production requirements.
- Participate in safety/ergonomics team meetings with goal of identifying and eliminating safety/ergonomics risks.
- Plan and coordinate the development and implementation of capital and non-capital projects.
- Create or revise production standard work instructions (SWI), Standard Work and other relevant manufacturing documentation (i.e. Checksheets, Tool Glossary, pFMEA, etc.) to improve quality, increase uptime (OEE) and improve on time delivery.
- Sustain and/or improve production processes, primarily with Lean manufacturing techniques, but occasionally through use of Six Sigma methodologies, as a means to improve safety/ergonomics, increase process uptime (OEE), eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Observe, evaluate and troubleshoot production downtime incidents for root cause and identify and implement corrective actions Just-do-its or projects), utilizing formal problem solving tools such as A3 or 80 analysis, PFMEA’s, Control Plans, etc., to resolve or eliminate the root cause(s).
- Design fixtures and tools, using 3D CAD, for the safe and efficient manufacture, in-process inspection, and testing of custom-engineered (low volume) or high volume products.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow (routings), space requirements, and preparing and maintaining production area/floor layouts.
- Write and/or revise programs, and select or design tooling for, CNC machines, including lathes, mills and shaft turning centers.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting experiments; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from Operators.
- Perform lease vs. buy, or make vs buy, investigations and value analysis studies for cost reduction or cost prevention. Coordinate investigation with the Controller’s Department and the Legal Department.
- Participate in continuous improvement Kaizens or action items from Kaizens throughout the facility. Utilize Lean tool expertise (5S, Standard Work, SMED, etc.) to drive continuous improvement.
- Use project management skills to implement new equipment or production line installation.
- Coordinate input and formulate manufacturing methods for new products or changes in processing of existing products.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned to help support the Manufacturing Engineering department, Maintenance Department, Product Engineering Department, and the facility as a whole.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET), BS Manufacturing Engineering, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering (EMET)
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PPT and Project
- Proven experience in Lean manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma methods preferred
- Ability to apply formal problem solving methodologies
- Ability to design in 3D CAD (Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, etc.) and apply GD&T methods
- Able to create and modify CNC programs (preferred skill)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 1 day ago