The Product Quality and Reliability Team creates broad visibility for the Technology Product and eXperience (TPX) organization and leadership up to the President of TPX into the technical performance and quality of Xfinity products and infrastructure. The team works with end-to-end engineering and operations groups across TPX to drive continuous improvement in the reliability and customer experience of products, especially in areas requiring multi-faceted analysis, viewpoints, and programs. You will use broad program management, analysis, and communication skills as well as technology knowledge to lead Quality program component(s) within the Connectivity portfolio (High Speed Internet, Xfinity Home, Xfinity App, Access Network, Digital Voice, etc.). You will be responsible for reviewing data, performing analyses, leading meetings, and preparing weekly presentation materials to inform and solicit feedback from internal stakeholders about the quality of our products, and critically, what Comcast is doing to make it better. Working in the Product Quality and Reliability team will allow you to rapidly learn how our products work, and about numerous organizations, functions, and roles in Comcast.
Understands the scope of programs as defined by Product Quality and TPX leadership. Participates in and supports key planning milestones and meetings
Builds Quality program plans and maintains program record and status. Works with the core team to identify and drive required activities to completion. Identifies and manages program critical path, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies
Supports the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, measurement methodology and reports, and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team
Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams including other TPX organizations including RDK Engineering, Connected Living Product and Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Network Engineering, CX, and Field Ops teams
Provides consultative function to TPX, Business and Field teams on process and customer experience improvement
Acts as a program point-of-contact for management stakeholders
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and sensitive information
Metrics Creation & Monitoring
Understands data reporting nuances to make meaningful comparisons and relevant charts
Works with analytics teams and /or directly performs analysis and data reviews to identify trends and drivers of reliability in Quality program scope
Keeps abreast of new developments in relevant technologies, data analytics and machine learning, agile practices, program management best practices, and relevant industry standards
This role may require limited travel (< 5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with JIRA ticketing, Tableau and Splunk reporting
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience in Engineering, Cable / Telco Industry, Data Analysis, or Program/ Product / Strategy functions.
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals and objectives are met. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.