Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $40.8K – $51.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Job Title: Logistics Technician
Agile Working: Open to job share
About the role
We are seeking a full-time Logistics Technician for immediate hire. Most of the work is in a laboratory setting requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a lab coat, eye protection and gloves. In accordance with Oregon laws, our site currently requires the use of a mask on site. We are looking for a polished professional who values accuracy in every endeavor. As a member of the Logistics team, a Technician is responsible for receiving incoming deliveries, shipping finished product, both domestic and international, the accurate auditing of the locations and quantities of our raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Print and apply labels for manufactured components
- Assemble completed component into finished goods and stock in inventory management system
- Maintain proper handling of goods to ensure product integrity
- Pick/Pack/Ship finished goods for domestic and international shipments
- Cycle count all inventoried materials in our facility. This includes raw materials, consumables, and finished goods
- Identify and locate materials using Oracle MRP and SCALE WMS databases Support site by conducting inventory assessments upon request
- Inventory spot checks, digital and physical transaction requests, warehouse transfers, issuance requests, and digital scrap requests
You must have excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite will previous experience with Oracle or other ERP systems. You will have a strong understanding of domestic and international shipping procedures, including customs paperwork and specific courier (FedEx/UPS/DHL) shipping systems with previous experience with cycle counting/inventory management. You must be able to lift 50 lbs and manage standing and sitting for long periods of time. You must be a confident and effective communicator with your team and department as well as managers. You will have the ability and drive to meet deadlines and demonstrate organizational and time-management skills. You must be educated to high school/GED level. Previous experience handling contained chemicals and biological materials completing with Health and Safety guidelines would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.