Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $39.3K – $49.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
- Proactively monitor and prioritize workflow in Goods In, determine priorities and actively organize resource accordingly to support production as to consistently hit established targets.
- Provide summaries of workflow to team members and department managers, identifying and resolving problem areas and suggesting procedural improvements.
- Serve as main point-of-contact for team members (and non-Logistics staff) in GI Manager’s absence.
- Lead daily AM stand-up meetings, organize the AM assignments for staff on Trello, identify priorities and confirm appropriate amount of resource to all functional areas of the department.
- Actively monitor workflow throughout the day in all functional areas and balance resources as needed; recommend and implement actions based on findings and communicate successes and concerns to management.
- Oversee the prioritizing of inbound products.
- Contact suppliers and summarize instructions to staff regarding discrepancies with received product.
- Work with our Supply Chain team to maximize productivity, and level out the daily workload by targeting suppliers and assessing processing capacity.
- Collect and monitor productivity metrics for easy unit processing, analyzing daily work totals to make informed business decisions.
- Support with troubleshooting problems to minimize customer impact and escalate any issues.
- Assist with phone screening potential candidates
- Conduct first round interviews with Managers
- Serve as a mentor to new hires
- Display creativity and resourcefulness in outlining new processes and improving efficiency/accuracy of current processes
- Must be proactive and decisive
- Adheres to all Abcam safety standards and requirements and corrects/coaches any observed violations
- Other duties as required
- 1 year of experience in Logistics
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Display solid organizational skills.
- Effective communicator interdepartmentally and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
- +2 years experience in inventory management and in leadership roles.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.