Full Job Description
- Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of associates operating in lower risk areas of the firm.
- Coaches and mentors subordinates, identifies training needs and recommends development programs.
- Assists in preparing and presenting operational budgets for a single functional area.
- Interprets and applies organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in establishing objectives and developing processes and procedures to ensure efficient and timely work flow.
- Performs periodic reporting on work progress, project completions and additional ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Ensures effective coordination occurs within assigned work group and with other work groups.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets and products.
- Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
- Establishing operational objectives.
- Implementing processes and procedures for efficient and timely work flow.
- Preparing management reports.
- Promoting effective coordination between work groups.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Coach and mentor others.
- Identify training needs and develop subordinates.
- Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Maintain currency in assigned area of responsibility.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into operational processes.
- Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from job-related publications.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interpret and apply policies.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Lead others in providing a high level of customer service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Priority will be given to protected veterans
- EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Job Accounting & Finance
Primary Location US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Organization RJ Bank Accounting
Shift Day Job