Driver’s License (Required)
Full Job Description
Make a difference while working with one of the best non-profit employers in the Bay Area! Some of the things you will do:
An ideal candidate will have a passion for service to others, especially to those in the LGBTQ+ community.
We are looking for someone who is an organized facilitator, and a flexible and enthusiastic team player for this highly valued role.
At Metro Inclusive Health, our employees enjoy…
Work-Life balance (hybrid work options, flexible scheduling, amazing culture)
A truly inclusive workplace that values you (diversity in all its wonderful forms is welcome here!)
14 days of vacation to start! (we love our time away!)
Excellent pay (extremely competitive, especially for a non-profit)
A generous retirement plan with 5-7% company match
Medical Insurance, vision and dental insurance (we take care of you!)
Short and Long term disability insurance
Paid holidays, including Juneteenth and reduced holiday hours
Casual dress code
Come join us! www.metrotampabay.org/careers
JOB DESCRIPTION/Full Detail
The LGBTQ+ Program Specialist performs tasks that are essential to the success of the LGBT+ Programs team including facilitating peer support/social groups for LGBTQ+ youth and young adults between the ages of 13 and 25, identifying and expanding services and programs for the LGBTQ+ community, maintaining a safe and welcoming atmosphere for program attendees, and planning events and activities that cater to diverse audiences.
· Oversee, plan, and support activities for LGBTQ+ youth and transgender individuals
· Facilitate group level activities, social and peer supportive groups, programming and activities
· Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with social service organizations, schools, GSAs, youth organizations, and more.
· Provide resources to community members about METRO services and programs
· Market and outreach to promote youth and transgender programs on social media and represent METRO at community events.
· Maintain appropriate documentation of activities, including but not limited to brief group notes, attendance rosters, contact information, and more.
· Facilitate Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) and LGBTQ+ Sensitivity trainings to community partners and businesses.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in sociology, gender studies or related field of study.
· 1 year of experience working with the LGBTQ+ population, planning activities, facilitating peer support groups, and conducting community outreach
· Experience working with youth and young adults ages 13 to 25
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Effective organizational, oral and written communication skills are required
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, problem solve, and use multitasking skills
· Knowledgeable about resources available to the LGBTQ community and ability to navigate resource systems
· Understanding of the LGBTQ+ community, awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences and varying sexual orientations and gender identities.
· Demonstrate creativity and initiative in approaches to engage the LGBTQ+ community
· Must have a strong sense of community.
· Ability to be creative with programming and understand the needs of the audience
· Must be adept in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using social media platforms.
· CPR / First Aid Certification (preferred)
· Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
· Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
· Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Petersburg, FL 33713: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role