Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $51.6K – $65.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in San Francisco, CA.
Full Job Description
The Learning and Development Program Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative coordination support for Learning and Development’s key programs and initiatives. The Program Coordinator will assist The Manager and Senior Manager of Learning and Development in the development and implementation of the various program initiatives including trainings, workshops and New Hire Orientation, supporting L&D programming focused on the engagement and development of both new and veteran staff within the Organization. Other critical coordination and administrative tasks for these programs will include scheduling, outreach, and workshop preparation, as well as maintaining programmatic materials and collecting, recording, and auditing program data.
This position will work closely with the Manager of Learning and Development, Financial Wellness Specialist, Instructional Design Specialist and the Digital Inclusion Specialist as well as various program managers and leaders across divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Support and Coordination
- Coordinate with other departments and teams to schedule trainings, book training spaces at GLIDE, and preparing for trainings and workshops.
- Coordinate direct outreach efforts to potential participants including outlook invitations, flyers, and presentations at all-staff and department/team meetings in collaboration with L&D specialists.
- Lead both event set up and breakdown for trainings and workshops, including organizing materials, buying supplies, etc.
- Serve as liaison to external institutions to build relationships with GLIDE, including but limited to training programs and courses, and career pipelines.
- Work closely with department managers and other key stakeholders in logistical planning for trainings, workshops and other Learning and Development events including ongoing New Hire Orientation programming.
- Maintain and update program materials, including but not limited to: packets, informational sheets, digital recordings, webinars, and online trainings.
- Coordinate external training opportunities with community partners and institutions as needed.
- Maintain and update Learning and Development Programs Calendar.
Program Development and Evaluation
- Support the design and implementation of courses in technical, managerial, and leadership development designed for adult learners of all academic levels and backgrounds.
- Collect, enter and maintain programmatic data, both digital and physical, as well as provide data audit support for data in the program database and LMS as well as physical files.
- Participate in case consulting with other learning specialists at GLIDE.
- Receive technical assistance from consultants as applicable.
- Ability to deal with difficult interactions. Strong conflict resolution skills. Able to defuse potentially volatile situations with patience and tact.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task within specific timelines.
- Adhere to professional boundaries and standards. Understand and follow basic ethics, values and principles of social work practice, including those mentioned above.
- Working knowledge of case management principles and community resources.
- Experienced based understanding of coaching and mentoring practices and skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Exercise sound judgment in interactions with others.
- Works well under pressure and manages stress effectively in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates Cultural Humility. Has the ability to work effectively across cultures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to staying curious, learning, communicating, and working respectfully with people different from themselves.
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of GLIDE.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social service, Education, Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field required OR equivalent experience of 1+ year working with socially and/or economically marginalized families with challenges negotiating their preferred relationships to multiple problems, or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Experience working in a community based social service agency with people in relationship with homelessness and poverty and the problems that often come alongside these experiences.
- Experience working in and/or alongside other systems that often affect the lives of poor and marginalized families.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar and writing needed to draft detailed instructions, service plans, correspondence, memos, and other required documentation.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Competent in the use of a computer, specifically MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with databases including Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) and Salesforce preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see details of objects at close range.
- Ability to hear within normal range, and communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Stationed at computer keyboard 75% of working time. Requires physical ability to sit and keyboard for long periods of time. Manual dexterity is required to operate word processing equipment with skill, speed, and accuracy.
- This person must take frequent short breaks, integrate stretching into her/his daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders, and safely operate equipment.
- Activities that occur frequently are: sitting, standing, walking, and handling. Ability to sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Activities that occur infrequently are: bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching straight, above, and below shoulder level with both shoulders individually or at the same time, carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to use public and/or private modes of transportation. Duties are office based, but travel to various San Francisco Bay Area venues is required.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced, with frequent interruptions, demanding, social services office environment.
- Noise level is moderate to noisy and lighting is conducive to completion of work.
- The employee may be exposed to air borne pathogens.
- GLIDE’s buildings are located in the Tenderloin. Due to our surroundings, it is important to always be aware of what’s going on around you while walking around the neighborhood. GLIDE maintains an “open door” policy to the community and its clients, who frequently enter and leave the building.
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!