Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the Role:
We are looking for a professional, seeking a new opportunity in an entry-level role who values accuracy in every endeavor. The Laboratory Logistics Team is a new function being built out in our Waltham facility. As a member of this team, a technician is responsible for receiving incoming deliveries, fulfilling the needs of our internal stakeholders, converting intermediate bulks into finished goods, and the accurate auditing of the locations and quantities of our raw materials, intermediates, and consumables.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving consumables and raw materials from external suppliers, processing for storage, as well as quality checking the items upon arrival
- Picking and delivering consumables and raw materials requests for Lab and Manufacturing functions
- Receiving stock from our global production facilities, prioritizing these for processing into automated storage systems
- Assist with inventory stock management and cycle counting
- Receiving stock from the labs and manufacturing functions
- Using pipettes and liquid handling equipment to process into finished goods
- Coordinating deliveries at the loading dock for the labs, manufacturing, and logistics functions
- Communicating with our 3PL partners for receiving bulk inventory and deliveries to our facility
- Working alongside our Continuous Improvement Team to implement Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Supporting the Logistics Consumables process and inventory management
You will enjoy adapting to a changing environment and have a high attention to detail. You will be able to work effectively in a diverse team towards a common goal. You must have great organizational and time management skills with previous experience in a fast-paced environment such as retail, hospitality, customer service, warehouse, distribution, logistics, or manufacturing.
You must be able to lift 50 lbs and manage standing and sitting for long periods of time. You must be a confident and effective communicator with your team and department as well as managers. You will have the ability and drive to meet deadlines and demonstrate organizational and time-management skills. You must be educated to high school/GED level.
This role will involve standing for 60-100% of the time. The job could also require short periods in a freezer environment, insulated clothing will be provided. You will also be expected to be computer sufficient including Microsoft Office. Any knowledge of Oracle ERP systems will be highly advantageous.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.